Status
Not open for further replies.

vickis

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if I could get some info on SEO. I've been assigned the task in work of sorting out one of our websites. My bosses are very focused on getting us higher on the google organic rankings. I think a lot of this would be linked to the websites content as we don't have a great lot of text on it at the minute. However another thing they are looking to do is push up onto the first page of the google image results (!). From what I can tell it looks like google is searching and finding the names of the images themselves when for example in our case we are searching "leather gloves". Would it benefit us to rename our images for google images to pick us up? Another thing I was wondering is some google results for websites on the search pages are listed in a sort of table where it has the main link for the page and then has links underneath for other sections of the site - thereby taking up a larger portion of the search page. Is this only for the first result on the first page of google?And also how is this done in terms of coding the website? Thanks so much in advance for any replies!!

gbonnet

Regarding the google image query :
- The name of the image matters, make sure to have your keywords in them and that the keywords are separated with '-' (not with '_' which is not a separator). Don't do too much!
- Another point that matters is the ALT attribute of the images, make sure they are relevant.
- I noticed that bigger images tended to rank better ... If you look at the 1st page of results for 'leather gloves', you'll see that most images are bigger than 300*300 ... so take this into account.

Regarding your second query, you're referring to what's called : Sitelinks.
They are allocated by google if they think it's relevant, so there is nothing in particular you can do to get them, except all the usual SEO work (working on your content and link building).

sparky

Above all else start getting links in to your site.

Images should have a relevant alt="" tag, and a title="" tag to do the same thing for Firefox.

Rgds

paddy12

Start searching for related forums, blogs and directories to submit your site to.It will take a lot of patience and hardwork but trust me linkbuilding would definitely payed off soon for your site.

RedEvo

Above all else start getting links in to your site.

Images should have a relevant alt="" tag, and a title="" tag to do the same thing for Firefox.

Rgds

The alt element is alternate text that describes the image.
The title element is to provide additional info such as a tool tip if the image does something when clicked.

d

Status
Not open for further replies.