Status
Not open for further replies.

paulocon

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place for this...

One website I have contains a directory - normally, I invoice companies and receive payment by cheque. A few companies have asked to be able to pay by credit card. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can accept Credit Card Payments - it isn't necessary to have integration with my website, just the ability for someone to make a payment on an invoice online (like paypal only without the messing!). Any ideas on how this can be done and what the costs are would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Paul

paulocon

Frodo,

Thanks for the link...

By the way, I thought people had to have a paypal account in order to pay you through paypal?? If not, this would be ideal..

Tom

And you can also send email invoices through paypal aswell as having buy now buttons on your site.

paulocon

All,

Many thanks for the help - I thought that you needed to be registered with ebay in order to make a payment - this was (rightly or wrongly) putting me off but sending invoices via email is more than sufficient!!!

thanks again - save me a whole lot of time and bother!!

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
PayPal is very versatile when you get into all its functions it will provide almost any kind of solution you want. It can cost a few more €€€ than other ways especially with larger volumes but for what you are doing it should be perfect.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
PayPal is very versatile when you get into all its functions it will provide almost any kind of solution you want. It can cost a few more €€€ than other ways especially with larger volumes but for what you are doing it should be perfect.

I ended up setting up a simple page before one button the end user could click on ... takes the to the paypal page with an hourly rate and number of hours. No need to sign in or anything they were pretty happy with it and it seems to work well. Took me maybe 2 hours to setup (majority of that time was trying to figure out why they had to sign in ... I had to upgrade my account which was free and fill in a few details and that was that)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It can cost a few more €€€ than other ways especially with larger volumes but for what you are doing it should be perfect.
While it is more expensive than having your own merchant account it does get cheaper if you are processing above a certain amount every month.

The main downside is that they don't support Laser

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You need to have a merchant account ... Realex isn't the only solution, but it's the best one that I've come across

Worldpay are expensive and have lots of hidden "gotchas", so I'd never do business with them again

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
Jeeze, I'm looking into this stuff now and man it's a tad complicated eh? :rolleyes:
If you need any help I have done a lot of this work and am available, shoot me a mail, ciaran at weeno dot ie.

Oh and FYI the dropdown in the nav on jamesfarrell.eu only works when your screen 1024px, wide mines 1440 and I can't click on the links on it, also jamesfarrell.eu/reservation/ is throwing mysql connection errors for any of the dynamic stuff.

JamesFarrell

thank

Sorry for the delay, haven't been back here in a while.

Thanks for the tips Frodo. I had picked up the navigation problem, I was updating last week. The SQL I hadn't realised, thanks (hoping it's not hacked).

I'll be doing this myself thanks. Another opportunity to learn :)

It depends on what you need immediately ...

3d secure etc., probably isn't needed when you're starting off :)

Yea definitely will not be looking at that just now. :eek:

JamesFarrell

Merchant account details

For those that are interested. My own bank - Permanent TSB referred me to AIB, which I thought was a bit mad.

There is a 190 euro set up charge.

No monthly cost.

> 50,000 annual turnover is 2.8% per txn and 0.25c / debit card txn
< 100,000 annual turnover is 2.7% per txn

AIB caters for the following gateways:

-
Online Payments / Credit Card Processing Online / Accept Credit Cards Online / Ecommerce Solutions / Payment solutions: Home
- DataCash Processing Secure Internet Payments (Credit and Debit Card, Direct Debit, Online Cash)
- EcommerceMalta( buy.ie)
- EuroCommerce - Payment processing for online and call centre merchants | EuroCommerce

Does anybody have figures for costs for realespayments or any of the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.