Status
Not open for further replies.

caminowebmaster

Okay, I'll admit it - I have a problem.

My name is Leslie and I'm an ad-oholic!

But seriously, I am thinking of putting ads on my own business website for SEO. I work on my own and only manage about one job per month and I have 30 - 50 visits to my blog each day - why not monetise it?

I am looking for reason why I should not do this - any?

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Simply because ... it doesn't look professional to have adverts on your commercial website ?

30 - 50 hits a day on your blog ? ... you're excluding your own IP ? :D

How many of those does you think would click an advert ... is it really worth the extra few euro a month ?

Gavin

With the amount of traffic you'll only make buttons from Adsense and you'd be lucky to have it pay for your smokes.

More importantly if you are selling a service never display adsense or most other types of ads. It looks unproffesional and you are giving competition leads for next to nothing.

Personally I'd look into why that traffic isnt converting into paying clients and make the essential changes. I can spot a few from what I am seeing in the SERPS but also whats on your pages.

caminowebmaster

Go for it Gavin - all advice welcome.

My serps results are crap - just set this site up a few months back and 301'ed the old one - and I have been too dam busy on other stuff until the last week or so.

But give me your thoughts.

Drang3d

I agree with the others don't bother doing it on your commercial sites. Thats not to say not to use adsense for income at all. You just have to think about it right. Most people do the following which is design a website and stick adwords on it, happy for the extra few shillings. The people that are making money out of it do the following,: What adwords are paying the most money? Design and optimise a site for these keywords, link build and sit back and wait for the cheques.

Think about it, if I had a site that was getting say 20 clicks a day, I'd much rather be getting paid $20 per click as opposed to $1.

Dave Davis hints at it nicely in this post with the word (Mesothelioma). http://www.irishwebmasterforum.com/google-adsense/3583-worth-setting-up-adsense.html

Status
Not open for further replies.