Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo

I have had a number of advertising offers recently and the usual affiliate linking offers ... most of which I tell to **** off or that the links are available via text-link-ads @ 110 a pop which usually scares them off.

I got one offer which I am unsure of how to respond to. The "offeree" would just like a link on 1 or 2 words in one article. Is it really worth the hassle? Should I charge him the text-link-ad rate or a lesser rate because it's only one page?
I presume it would be ok to mark such links as ads so as not to piss off visitors?

paul

Ninja
Hi,

With TLA , they take half of your cash, and most people know that if you offer more than 1/2 the TLA fee people will normally go for it.
You could always just have,
Here we are talking about blue widgets (aff), and with them we do lots of cool stuff.
using the aff to denote an affiliate. And if you have the time to do it and you can make money out of it and you are up front about it, then that is fine, IMHO.
You could always try
Here we are talking about blue widgets*, and with them we do lots of cool stuff.

END OF PAGE
* : denotes sponosored link.

enzo

Thanks for the reply Paul.
I suppose half would be fair enough. I usually ask for a minimum of 3 months, do many people have such requirements? Should I charge more based on the number of pages the ads would display on?

I was also thinking of putting [ad] or an icon after the link ... it should be clear enough to visitors.

paul

Ninja
Are your TLAs sitewide ? Will this one be side wide ? If the link is only on one page, maybe you should charge him less.

Does your page rank high on google for this keyword ? If so you can charge him a little more, as he would get lots of relevant traffic (and you will potentially loose traffic)

3 months prepayment will insure you don't have to change your site as often, unless you have some automatic system that could do a nice text replace.

Adside : I see you are using Auction Ads, TBH they don't seem that relevant.

enzo

Paul,

TLAs are side wide (more or less).
This one will be a single page, it's a specific article he's interested in. Don't know the keywords yet but will be web hosting related.

Auction ads: yeah I noticed. I just started using them, haven't looked at the keywords at all yet.

caminowebmaster

I got a similar type of offer from a web hosting company for a link on a site, the link is worth just over $300 per year on a page that gets no traffic on a travel site. I discovered though that the page ranks fairly high for a web hosting phrase, it was all a complete accident and it took me ten minutes to add the link.

Can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.