alienware introduce a curved monitor ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Now that's widescreen :D I think it's ott for most people. I wonder how much it will be? :eek:

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
that I don't want to know ... as its a custom build will they need a factory especially for it ? EEK .. or a production line ... with most TFT's the screen gets reused by various companies (I believe)

Also its AlienWare .. so :D ... you soooo know it ain't gonna be cheap

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Whether it's cheap or not it looks cool :)

Of course I'd need a bigger desk to fit it, though I'm sure I could work around that somehow

Forbairt

I do wonder if it'd be comfortable for normal work use :)

Most people just couldn't justify the price for games alone ... could they ? :D

Forbairt

I guess having a friend who spent 700 quid on one graphics card I really should have known better than to have said that :D

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I guess having a friend who spent 700 quid on one graphics card I really should have known better than to have said that :D

Exactly

I'm currently toying with spending similar money on a Blu Ray / HD DVD player :)

Forbairt

Did you end up upgrading your TV then ? Last I heard it was still a brick ?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Heh

Hell yes!

I got a 42" LCD a couple of months ago and a nice 5.1 surround system to go with it

Forbairt

Was planning on getting something for around the 1k mark ... (not sure what that'd get me these days) ... then I realised ... I can't remember the last time I turned on the main tv in the living room :D

Edit: oh .. did you manage to sort out all the cables in the end ... I remember the cabling issue all right :D

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Was planning on getting something for around the 1k mark ... (not sure what that'd get me these days) ... then I realised ... I can't remember the last time I turned on the main tv in the living room :D

I don't watch that much TV, but I DO watch a LOT of DVDs

Edit: oh .. did you manage to sort out all the cables in the end ... I remember the cabling issue all right :D

Nope. I still have loads of cables trailing across the floor :(

Forbairt

Cables ... the bane of my existance ... 15 power cables in here .... quite impressive I must admit :D

Forbairt

given its just for me ... thats crazy :D

scanner / printer / server / router / modem / wireless headphones / couple of lcd's / 3 pc's / ok laptop isn't here at moment :D ... / phone charger / ..then if I plugged in ..shredder ... laminating machine ...... nas box is currently off ..

does this mean "I Support Global Warming" !!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.