Any body upgraded to vbulletin 4 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballer.ie

Just wondering if any forum admin running vbulletin have upgraded to vb yet and what they thought of it.

I will prob wait a few months my self untill all the kinks are worked out and i find a decent style to use.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm planning to do at least one upgrade in the next couple of weeks if I can find a couple of hours to look into it.

For simple installs I suspect the upgrade won't be much of an issue, but if you've got a lot of extra plugins installed it could be "interesting"

caminowebmaster

I planned on doing it last Friday but didn't. Once I started reading the forums and where vbseo is I thought it best to leave right now and come back to it at the end of Feb.

If I didn't have vbseo I would have done... I don't want all my urls to change - that would be a pain.

caminowebmaster

If you check out the forum at vbseo there seem to still quite a few bugs in vbseo. Also they seem to be concerned that VB will change in the next release therefore causing problems with vbseo.

I would love to have it up and running - but will wait at least a month to see if it settles down.

Cass Flower

From reading the vbulletin forums it looks like there have been a lot of bugs and unhappy campers.

I'm just about to move a forum from phpbb2 and want a vbulletin site, but it doesn't sound as though version 4 is anything near ready.

I'm also looking for someone to give me a hand with the move and get me up and running on vbulletin. I'm new here, and I'm not sure if this kind of request can be made on this thread, so please mod away if I'm out of order.

Any suggestions as to where I might find someone who would be interested in doing that would be much appreciated.:)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I've setup a clean install of VB4 here:

Home Cinema Discussion

I'm still trying to get my head around the various options ..

VBSEO have a release candidate available, so I'll probably grab a license to see how well it plays ..

Cass Flower

VB 4.02 is being tried out on the VB forum. I'll be waiting until its released.

Would it make sense to go ahead with VB4.02 before VBseo is sorted out and add it later ?

Or better to wait, do you think ?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm currently running the release candidate for VBseo over on Home Cinema Discussion

They've completely redone the admin interface, but from what I can see so far it seems to be working fine. I'm not sure how well an upgrade would work however ..

I need to test the new version of their sitemap software as well (I was playing around late last night)

Status
Not open for further replies.