Anyone get nominated for a net visionary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfly

Yes, I did. Which is wonderful.

Thank you to the legend who nominated me! ;)

What about yourself Michele?

Redfly

I was nominated under the Internet Marketer category.

The most I have ever won was a scratch card in the lotto a few years ago so I'm not getting my hopes up. Besides, due to NDAs and all that, I cannot really prove what I know :)

3rigena

meaningless awards imo, given past winners (and contenders)

nice to see mr Davis & his company in the running though.. If they win something i will rethink my opinion of this "accolade".

:)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
meaningless awards imo, given past winners (and contenders)

It would be nice if you actually had something positive to say about something for a change

Net Visionary awards are open to everyone

There is no cost to enter and there is no barrier to entry

If you wanted to get nominated any one of us could have done that for you....

If the awards are so "meaningless" why don't you point us at some that are "meaningful" ...

3rigena

Well Michele, I say what I think... I say positive things when I feel it is justified and negative stuff when it is due too..

To be honest, I think I was thinking of the "golden spider award" when I replied to the post (or whatever it was called), which was a total Joke.. hence the negativity in my post.

As for being nominated for awards, I am not interested in winning any awards tyvm. as for pointing you to awards that are meaningful, real winners only compete against themselves IMO.

"net visionary" huh. I haven't seen anyone here do anything particularly original or cutting edge or proactive (nor do I claim to have done so b.t.w).. so I shall reserve judgement until I see who wins..

Regards
Niall the negative c***.

TheMenace

I have to side with Niall here. I'm not trying to be negative about the IIA's... they're certainly more honorable and altruistic than the Golden Spanners. Having said this, it's a popularity contest and not really a mark of quality in most cases. I'm not going to name names here, but last year there were some very undeserving winners. I can only assume that those on top of their game don't bother entering.

As Niall says, real winners only compete against themselves.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Well Michele, I say what I think... I say positive things when I feel it is justified and negative stuff when it is due too..

To be honest, I think I was thinking of the "golden spider award" when I replied to the post (or whatever it was called), which was a total Joke.. hence the negativity in my post.

As for being nominated for awards, I am not interested in winning any awards tyvm. as for pointing you to awards that are meaningful, real winners only compete against themselves IMO.

"net visionary" huh. I haven't seen anyone here do anything particularly original or cutting edge or proactive (nor do I claim to have done so b.t.w).. so I shall reserve judgement until I see who wins..

Regards
Niall the negative c***.

Fair enough :)
I kinda jumped down your throat earlier today, didn't I - sorry!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I have to side with Niall here. I'm not trying to be negative about the IIA's... they're certainly more honorable and altruistic than the Golden Spanners. Having said this, it's a popularity contest and not really a mark of quality in most cases. I'm not going to name names here, but last year there were some very undeserving winners. I can only assume that those on top of their game don't bother entering.

As Niall says, real winners only compete against themselves.

The one big difference between the awards is that you can end up being nominated without even knowing for a Net Visionary - of course you don't have to accept the nomination.
I've been nominated for the last 3 years in a row and I'm yet to win. At this stage I've resigned myself to that fate :)

Fintan

Internet Entrepreneur - I was in Australia on holidays and just happened to check my email, if I hadn't I would have missed out the 5 day acceptance window.

Status
Not open for further replies.