Anyone use OS Commerce need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham

Hi all,

Does anyone here use OS Commerce, if so could you tell me have you had any problems installing it on your local pc.

I've downloaded the zip file and extracted it to htdocs and ran there register_globals patch (running php5). When I begin the install I can’t move pass the first step importing the sample DB.

I’ve posted on their community site but didn’t get any response and their search facility doesn’t actually work.

Any help greatly appreciated

Graham

ph3n0m

Ok whats seems to be the problem?

Basic questions are

1) You do have a local server setup - such as IIS or Apache
2) You do have php/mysql installed on your machine?

Also what kind of error messages are you getting

Graham

Hi have php and mysql 5 installed and apache 2 (can't remember sub version num) installed on two local computers.

I'm not getting any error messages the program just won't move past importing the DB.

I have installed this on a live server and it went fine no problems I just wanted to install it on a local machine so I can learn how to change skins etc on my own.

I'm beginning to think that maybe it can't be installed on a local pc as I've also tried it on a mates pc and he is running msql and php4 but he is also stuck at the same point.

Thanks for the reply and sorry if original post was a little vague it was a long day :-(

ph3n0m

No, it can installed on a local pc - been installing and re-installing it for the past while

What exactly happens? Do you get past the initial screens that ask do you want to import the sample DB

What step does the install stop at? I presume you have created the required database in mysql?

Graham

Hi have created a DB for the program this is exactly what I doing.

1. Create DB and user via mysql cmd line.

2. Unzip osc package to htdocs/shop

3. Unzip the register_globals patch to same and move files accordingly (using PHP5)

4. In IE type in http://localhost/shop/catalog/install/index.php

5. Click the install button

6. Accept the default options for installing the catalog DB and sample data and saving the configuration values.

7. Click continue

8. The address moves to http://localhost/shop/catalog/install/install.php?step=2 but the page says the same and pressing the continue button does not do anything

I've tried installing the program with register globals off in PHP5 no joy there. I've also tried to uncheck the default options as mentioned in point 6 but when I click the continue button the page just refreshes and the options are selected.

As I said above I've tried to install it on my two computers and can't get passed point 8. I gave it to a friend who is running PHP and MySQL4 and he is stuck on the same point.
I'm stumped could it be something to do with my Apache configuration?

Thanks

Graham.

Graham

ok then my next really silly question is

on http://localhost/shop/catalog/instal...all.php?step=2

You have filled out all the required fields in the form?

Hi ph3n0m
Thanks for the help so far. If you mean am I selecting the Import DB and Auto save Config options yes I am (thats all that appears) but when I click continue the page just refreshes.

I'm going to try and install it again on the live server that I used once for college on hosting365 this weekend if I get the chance and see if I run into the same problems with the version I downloaded from there site.

Thanks again

Graham

Graham

Hi all,

Have reinstalled OSC on my blogss365 server and it is working fine. I am now thinking that it has something to do with either my PHP or Apache configuration.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Graham.

Graham

Still can't install OS Commerce

Hi all,

Ok I got a lend of a pc off a friend who has php 4 and MySQL 4 installed. I ran the OSC install program and it ran fine.

But I still can't get OSC to install my setup of PHP5 and MySQL 5. Apart from the register globals setting, which I ran the patch against is there anything else in the php5 that would be different in php4 that could be causing my install not to complete.

Thanks in advance.

Graham

Graham

Hi all I've sorted the install problem out

register_long_arrays needs to be set to register_long_arrays=On

Thanks for the help

Graham.

willows

os commerce problems

Hi

we know this package inside out. have you looked at CRE loaded which is a supped up version with lots of addons there and a nice templating system too. Starts at about $20 for an excellent code base.

regards
Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.