Anyone using Apple Safari on Windows Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

googlebomber76

I seem to be getting a lot of time out errors, when it works right it's brilliant but it's only working about 20% of the time.....anyone any experince, have you similar problems with it......

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I don't use Vista, but I did try Safari for a while .. then I stopped ..

Cormac

If you're browser testing I wouldn't bother testing Safari on Vista. It renders differently to Safari on Mac.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I seem to be getting a lot of time out errors, when it works right it's brilliant but it's only working about 20% of the time.....anyone any experince, have you similar problems with it......

Have you upgraded to the latest version as well ?

Safari does as cormac said render things differently on the PC as opposed to the MAC ... and not that many people would really be using it on the PC

[just checked ... 0.07% of visitors to one of my sites are using safari on windows] which is possibley me though I think I've my IP excluded from the stats.

Test your web design in different browsers - Browsershots might be a better solution .. though not instantanious

googlebomber76

Tried a fresh install, no better, still timing out....just bought a second hand powerbook with OS Tiger, hopefully that will solve the problem :)

My days with windows could be numbered....

Lalaki

Tried a fresh install, no better, still timing out....just bought a second hand powerbook with OS Tiger, hopefully that will solve the problem :)

My days with windows could be numbered....

Hi there,

Here is an idea. Right-Click on Safari icon on the desktop. Select Properties and then go to Compatability tab. Select the box to run this program in compatability mode and in the dropdown box, select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)".

See if that minimizes crashes.

Coyote1

Safari Timeout

Apple have stated that if Safari does not recieve a response within 60 seconds it will timeout the page.

Normally a delay of that length would be a network or DNS issue.

Try running a pathping www. whatever site you want at a command prompt to see if you have a network bottleneck it will do a packet loss test alon the route to the website and give you an idea of where the problem might be.

Pat.

Status
Not open for further replies.