Status
Not open for further replies.

Colm

I'm looking to do some banner advertising - do any of you know any good media companies that do this.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Colm

Depending on what you are advertising and who your target market is you might be better off handling it yourself initially

If you could provide some more details we might be able to advise

Regards

Michele

3rigena

agree with BN regarding doing it yourself-

As a seller , I find that media companies do my head in - they are always trying to haggle, always trying to sweet talk you and I often end up just ignoring them half way thru a sale because they just can't cut to the chase, close the deal and show me the money! They might cost you potential ad spots due to trying to squeeze the max out of the client (oh believe me.. they always do.. max advertising for hte least budget - you pay the same and they keep the difference..)

Contacting the sellers directly (if this is an option) is definately better if you have the time - and I would imagine you will save money by making any haggled price your own (not splitting it with the media company). (my 0.10c)

More details please!

Colm

Thanks guys my idea behind this is I've already covered SEO/PPC and email marketing for the site and I want to tap into banner ads or even look into it as another way of getting traffic.

I don't really want to name the site here if that's OK

I have a couple of meeting setup with some media companies next week but I just know they are going to do my head in just like you said 3rigena.

it was basically just a question to see if anybody had any tips/advise as how to approach it

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If you can deal directly with the publishers it will be a lot easier and more cost-effective

There are a couple of companies handling the Irish market - 1 is totally useless and incompetent, while the other only deals with very high volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.