Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know of anywhere that publishs going rates for banner ads?

I'm being quoted rather high rates for a site, yet they claim that their rates are "normal"

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The rates I was quoted were between 8 and 10 euro, which is a tad on the high side

garycocs

Stupid question lads, CPM is cost per month ya?

if they pay X amount of money per month and you have their add as one of five that rotate at the top then how does that work if you get more adverts in the banner? i.e. their advert will be seen less and less depending on how many adverts you have rotating!

googlebomber76

The rates I was quoted were between 8 and 10 euro, which is a tad on the high side

Have they any certified information to back up there site usage claims..

Sites like daft.ie, rte.ie & autotrader.ie use ABC certification, Can the site your thinking of using back up there high cpm costs with any user data...??

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Have they any certified information to back up there site usage claims..

Sites like daft.ie, rte.ie & autotrader.ie use ABC certification, Can the site your thinking of using back up there high cpm costs with any user data...??

Yes, but even with ABC I still consider 8 - 10 CPM to be high considering how low click through rates are these days

googlebomber76

Does the Site also use google adword?

With such a high cpm and low click throughs you could end up paying €2 per click with a banner which isn't great value for money.....

I'd say most Irish sites are desperate for direct cash and would be negotiable if you put up a good argument....

If you really want to be on this site maybe suggesting a move away from cpm and would they accept a month long ad for a fixed cost as the cpm click throughs are so dire.....

If you pm me the link i'll give them a shout and see what I can wrangle off them....i've still a few extra talktime minutes to use you this month:D

caminowebmaster

Adbrite have loads for fairly low rates - have never seen anything much over $5 cpm - but mostly not Irish - are you looking for Irish?

Fintan

CPM is dead, I would only consider negoiating a CPA deal, keeps everyone honest and accountable

andywozhere

I have CPA on a site and I get hardly anything from it. I think the advertiser gets a good deal as they get exposure to their products (even without an action), while the publisher gets feck all.

andywozhere

That really depends andy, I know people making some really big coin from CPA deals.

Well, maybe I'm being a bit overdramatic when I say the publisher gets "feck all". I just think that CPA is a bit skewed towards the advertiser. After all the advertiser still gets exposure even if their ad is not even clicked (that's why people still paying big bucks for traditional media).

Status
Not open for further replies.