Status
Not open for further replies.

morgan spice

Just wondering what you guys would recommend as the best antivirus out now...

I'm currently using Nod32 but I heard its no longer as good as it was before...

any suggestions...?

gbonnet

I've been using Avast for years and never had any issues ... it also does some firewalling. The free version is enough for most home users I suppose.

googlebomber76

i'm using avast free for the last few months, pretty happy so far, love the siren noise (woo, woo) it makes when it dectects a threat......

+1 for the Avast Free so far!!

Merlot

Ha! Looking forward to hearing that siren noise now ! could be my new sms alert tone too if its any good lol

mccomf

nod32

I have tested many of them and must say NOD32 is the best.small in size and take very little RAM so your system is still fast.
I personally hate norton.

mlannon

I'm not convinced by anti-virus programs. I removed them all from my PC and installed zone Alarm and WinPatrol start up monitor. I use Firefox or K-Meleon web browser and I have never had a virus.
If it was for a customers PC I would usually install Bitdefender or Avast which is quite good. IMO anti-virus programs cripple the PC but thats for another thread !

Hafsoh

I have tested many of them and must say NOD32 is the best.small in size and take very little RAM so your system is still fast.
I personally hate norton.
NOD32 is okay, its cheap and does the best job ive ever seen in an anti-virus, but i now use the free version of AVG, its great! I recommend its but if does not detect a virus etc, just do a system restore, saves you getting annoyed and irritated and much quicker than finding a solution.

zash20

I use Kaspersky Internet Security since the 5 version. Now i am using 2009 and planning to buy 2010 anyway.
Among free antivirus Avast is best. But also waiting for Microsoft to release their first ever antivirus which is free. Anyway.

AAA

Am using Nod32 as well, the trial version which never ends :D which kinda confuses me btw.

I liked the woo - woo part :D never heard of this Avast though, any link for the download? (Want your version, not some found in Google) :)

P.S Oh, yeah forgot to mention: hate Norton, but numero uno in my to-hate-list is of course: Kaspersky. Once he found a virus which infects all the .exe files and the only solution for that was to delete all the infected files :D So now imagine an XP, with NONE .exe files :D

"Hope you burn in hell for this **it, Kaspersky :)"

Status
Not open for further replies.