Best Method Of Backing Up Wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas01

Hi,

Does anyone have views on the best/most reliable way to backup a Wordpress site i.e. plugin, filezilla, using a Softaculous script or other method?

I'm with an Irish hosting company using 100 + 1click installs which is powered by Softaculous.

I'd normally backup using this script but the function is broken (the backup just hangs at 95% progress). Also, none of the Wordpress plugins are working due to insuffiicient PHP space or because "PHP max_execution_time is less than 300 seconds"

In this case I'm planning on using filezilla and backing the files up to my computer.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Does your hosting provider offer any form of backup?

If you want to use filezilla then you'll only be backing up the website files which would include any images uploaded etc.
You'd need to take a dump of the database via PhpMyAdmin or whatever MySQL control panel you have access to

thomas01

Thanks for the reply. The hosting provider does provide a backup function in the form of a script but its not working at the minute. I have a support query in some days ago but no repsonse yet. I'll use filezilla and also copy the database for the time being

thomas01

Just got a response and at least its not just me.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Unfortunately there is a technical issue with the softaculous back-ups at present, whilst we are working on this we recommend that you back these files up manually for the time being.

Please let us know if you have any further questions - we will be more than happy to help.

You can also view a number of useful articles and video tutorials in our Support Centre at Support Centre Home

Status
Not open for further replies.