Blogs(MT vs. WP) and Licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevf

I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment. I have decided to step on to the platform and set up a blog for myself. It won't be specifically for web development, but moreso a personal one for bitching about things and other endeavours, including web development will also be part of it.
Not your typical blog.

Which is better? Movable Type or WordPress?
If you do have either, what do you hate about it, or like about it, and would you ever consider switching over?

Bare in mind, I speak of them two blogs because they would be the key players in the open source blogging sector, but if anyone else has any suggestions, i'd appreciate hearing them.

secondly, I was reading a thread from not so long ago, on this thread, specifically when i was looking for more information on the licensing of Movable Type. Whats the story with someone like me using it. Am i eligble for a license, even though if I may use it to promote myself, and what i do?

Thanks everyone,
Nev

Cormac

If it's a personal non-commercial blog then you don't need to pay a license for MT. I have never used MT myself but I don't have any issue with WP that would make me want to change any day soon.

Install both locally and give them each a play.

nevf

MT has not got an open source version, so it's a non-issue.
Ah yes, that answers the question perfectly.

If it's a personal non-commercial blog then you don't need to pay a license for MT. I have never used MT myself but I don't have any issue with WP that would make me want to change any day soon.

Install both locally and give them each a play.
Yah, I had done that on a server that I have, I like them both, but really, for all the playing/messing i did with the two apps, i was barely scratching the surface.

I'm fairly familiar with WP, but for MT, I would like to be sure that everything was okay first, even though tbh I'm itching to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.