Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcc

It would make for an interesting talk - of course if you could get jmcc to attend an event you'd actually make history!
Yeah. I'd probably make history by getting assassinated by all those technology journalists. :)

Regards...jmcc

ConorP

I don't think we've ever been that reticent about our income. Of course, you can go the CRO route to get more, but as Dan said, before now it was just for fun (and for the community); now we've moved from a "fluffy" fun community to an oft-quoted service, and it's due to that (and also because it is in the past year that we've begun to make enough money to actually hire someone full-time) that we need to look beyond our part-time input and get a body (possibly two people) to work for boards.ie full-time. Maybe that'll give a hint as to how much we are making ;)

We currently run on a load balancer, four web nodes, a file attachments / avatars server, and database backend (currently on one, but will be expanding to two DB nodes). Our other subsites (not linked to the boards.ie DB) run on a seperate "porked-up" server.

Sounds very impressive indeed. I'd be willing to offer my time (I currently have a lot of it atm) to help out if you want/need it. I'm not that type of sysadmin where as soon as I show up all your problems will disappear but I'm not that incompetent where everything will fall down in a giant fireball either. I'd like to think I'm somewhere in the middle :p

Status
Not open for further replies.