Status
Not open for further replies.

bober

Hi,

I have a client that wants to concentrate mainly on B2B on facebook. I'm finding it very difficult to provide an online marketing service that's consists of B2B.

Does anyone have any advise on this? Good Blogs out there? etc etc...

To be more specific the client is a Print Company trying to target Photographers, Design Companies, Marketing Managers etc etc.

Thanks in advance.

This is something that would interest me too as I find in general FB doesnt actually make it easy to manage B2B - I guess they wish to keep it primarily as a person to person social network, but theres got to be more info out there.

Byron

Not much worth reading, have been trying to look into this... facebook is fine for user to user networking, but the page system doesn't support news stream features etc so I would imagine it would be difficult to manage

link8r

I have a client that wants to concentrate mainly on B2B on facebook. I'm finding it very difficult to provide an online marketing service that's consists of B2B.

Should you even be charging for something you don't know how to do?

Byron

Hmm good question... I think if the focus of what you are charging for is training and setting up a business page its ok, but I wouldn't personally take a monthly retainer, etc for this kinda work... for b2b networking linkedin is really the best... or industry websites and forums. Unless what you client perceives to be b2b is actually sole traders, or similar I don't see facebook working, b2c is the best option on facebook really, and dealing with sole traders etc would follow similar protocol to facebook marketing b2c

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
There are plenty of resources on Facebook and social media marketing

Try mashable to start or even techcrunch (*shudder*)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
you dont like TechCrunch ?
No. I really really don't
It was good for the first couple of years, but over time I've found that it went downhill
They pump out a lot of content, but it's not wonderful quality and there's a lot of the "fanboy" mentality
I prefer RWW or Mashable these days

Byron

There is a lot out there for B2C but I haven't found much for business to business, presumably at a SME level.. brand awareness yes, but actual business to business networking??

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Can't say I like it either! Econsultancy and SE Journal neither.
I've found that there are some really good articles and reports on econsultancy, though some of the articles aren't exactly stellar (guess that's to be expected)

MayaLocke

Facebook is really not suited to B2B but keep in mind though all business employees may be on facebook, and will see the ad. If you really want B2B have you looked at LinkedIn that is more a B2B platform.

bober

Should you even be charging for something you don't know how to do?

We'll I haven't charged anything yet, this is one the reasons why I'm here - 'the clients wants to concentrate on B2B on facebook' I've had to go back & explain this is very difficult to achieve & I/we will need to re-consider your objectives and what your trying to achieve, maybe you'll have to take the B2C route or an alternative route:)

Status
Not open for further replies.