Status
Not open for further replies.

EggDesign

Hi Guys

I have a good grounding in using wordpress as a cms but have just met a client who wants the following and I havent a clue where to begin. Im not sure if its even possible in wordpress:

Basically the site is for a loyalty card where special offers are given by businesses (merchants) and can be ordered online by anyone. There will be no online payment however.

These merchants will be based all over the country so the person buying the card will need to use a search function to select where they live & a list of merchants will pop up.

They can then select special offers from a chosen merchant and send the details to my client. Also the merchants will be able to set up an account and log in to add more offers to their list etc.

My client hope to have 1000s of merchants in the future (if shes lucky)

I hope thats not too confusing!

Any help on plugins or anything else to achieve this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

php.allstar

Hi,

If you're not in a position to (or the budget doesn't allow for you to) develop your own plugin to handle this, I'd suggest installing one of the online store plugins, setting up the counties as product categories and allowing the user to select a drop down list of counties, which shows thew vouchers in that county.

If no payment is required, I wouldn't say it would be a major task to clone one of the payment modules within the online store plugin and modify it to suit your needs in this respect.

Aparently, the following is one of the best plugins to allow user access in Wordpress

There's a fair bit of customisation/modification of plugins here as this sounds like a fairly bespoke system. Generally something like this would need to be developed from the ground up rather than trying to hach through and piece together fragmented pieces of code.

Good luck with it!

EggDesign

Excellent reply mate, thanks. she has a limited budget of course, ill have to tell her the limitations for such a budget. Ill give that plugin or perhaps magento a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.