clearing google cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastmover2006

Hi All......

Learned a tip not to include your site to google till it was finished.....anyone know how to clear the site cache in google as the info it has is when the site was under construction and it hasn't indexed the new home page.....

I have uploaded the xml sitemap and that has been searched a couple of times since but the cache info hasn't changed.......any ideas???

fastmover

paul

Ninja
1st thing it's nothing to worry about, continue creating content for your site

Things that might quicken up a respidering effort.

• Get some new trusted URLs pointing to the domain.
  • Submit a (worthy) page toDigg.
Wait/relax.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Rome wasn't built in a day :)

If the content is good and the site adds "value" of some kind it will be fine, but you won't get overnight results... you need to be patient

fastmover2006

Thanks for your replies.....i could try patience....I'd be a change from checking cache every 10 seconds......might even get some work done.....

green

It will change but it needs some time. As paul said try getting a decent link and the bot will come faster.

Usually this is a problem for large sites with thousands of pages having the same default title, description, h1 and stuff. If googlebot indexes them it will take longer to change to the optimized version.

seolun4tic

Time is the key

I recently made some major changes to my site including titles and descriptions. My site has dropped off in the SERPS significantly. Probably not a good move:confused:. I'm hoping time will correct this. Is there anything to expedite the process?

MPC

Did you make significant changes? have you changed back? if so, Like was said earlier in this thread, submit your site to Digg and other social bookmarking sites and create some new content. It should not take long for google to crawl your site again

I recently made some major changes to my site including titles and descriptions. My site has dropped off in the SERPS significantly. Probably not a good move:confused:. I'm hoping time will correct this. Is there anything to expedite the process?

Status
Not open for further replies.