CMS for GAA Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidbehan

Hi,

Does anyone know of a CMS that has been customised/built to suit a club/society, e.g. a GAA Club? I'm not expecting a CMS that's built for a GAA club but if there is one out there that has been built for a soccer club or the likes, then that might be easy to change over to GAA.

I did some googling but didn't come up with much.

Any leads welcome. Thanks,

Dave

EdenWeb

Nice work (as ever) David. I saw the link somewhere else on the forums.
Whats expression engine like.

Will is highlight top and side navigation for the end user/visitor if you are actually on that page? It's one of the biggest usability shortcomings of most CMS I've seen.

davidbehan

Hi Peter. How's it going?

It's actually a great CMS. You can write your own code into it and basically build the CMS from ground up. In the control panel you create your "weblogs" as they call it. Basically you are creating the fields in the database for each section of the site, e.g. news section would have date, title, summary, and details, while lotto results section would have number 1, number 2, number 3, number 4, winner, and prize.

You then build your templates for each section of your site and you can include special EE tags that allow you to run code within them, like if statements and repeat regions of entries in the database.

All you need to then is populate your database with entries in the different sections and away you go.

With the custom database fields you can really create any thing you want and the templates let you display it any way you want. Very little in terms of limitations like other CMS's.

Regarding your specific question, I don't see why not from my experience with it so far. You'd just have to put a bit of an if statement into your navigation templates that checked what page you were on and if it matched the current link and if so, show a css class. Nothing too difficult I don't think.

You going to this IIA event tomorrow?

EdenWeb

Thanks David.
I'll check it out at some stage.

I can't make it to the IIA event unfortunately as I've meetings in Dublin all day Friday. Taking both days off would be too much play :)
Would love to go though. Looks like there'll be a big turnout.

Status
Not open for further replies.