coding problem with redirect on home page on wordpress site

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutantspace

hi there.
have a strange problem.
Last week I moved my site from mutantspace.ie to mutantspace.com.
Its a multi user wordpress site.
In the process of the move (my host providers did it) files went missing/blanked/moved.
Everything is nearly back to normal except for one key thing.

You can login in fine but when you go to the home page youre automatically logged off - once you go back to another page youre logged back in. Basically the homepage is not connected to anything (a weird redirect?) - the recent posts dont update on it - the latest information , the new skills (its a skills exchange site), etc, etc.....dont update on it either - its like its completely separate from the site - lost all connection

Im using the theme Classipress (an ad themed site) and it has been perfect up til now.
a friend then uploaded the entire site to his server and tried to fix it but no joy. Same problem.
Heres what he said;
"Ok I have actually installed a fresh install of classipress- no theme modifications what so ever on my test site here. and still the weird logout and redirect happens on the home button. This is simply bizzare to be honest about it"
Basically theres a weird redirect going on but we cant figure out what it is.
This started with the move from .ie to .com.
also in the error logs from 2 weeks ago this turned up:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header() in /home/mutantsp/public_html/wp-content/themes/classipress/index.php on line 1

can anyone help please...im getting desperate...this is a free site for people exchanging skills etc and at the moment the site is not working properly and with the switch over and reindexing etc its making it harder...
any ideas, which way to approach it, possibilities...
thanks in advance

php.allstar

Hi,

Sounds like a .htaccess issue.

Paste the contents of your .htaccess file here.

Then go to wp-admin and save your permalink settings.

Reload your .htaccess file and paste the contents here again.

What permalink structure are you using?

mutantspace

heres my .htaccess file........

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthName mutantspace.com

redirectMatch 301 ^/mutantspace-festival-events/ Trash Culture Revue Arts Festival | Mutantspace
redirectMatch 301 ^/previous-mutantspace-arts-events/ Previous Arts Events | Mutantspace
redirectMatch 301 ^/previous-mutant-space-events/ Previous Arts Events | Mutantspace
redirectMatch 301 ^/the-trash-culture-revue/ Trash Culture Revue Arts Festival | Mutantspace
redirectMatch 301 ^/blog/ Culture Blog | Mutantspace
redirectMatch 301 ^/about-mutantspace/ About Our Gift Economy | Mutantspace
redirectMatch 301 ^/contact-us/ Contact Our Skills Exchange | Mutantspace
redirectMatch 301 ^/mutantspace-festival-events/ Previous Arts Events | Mutantspace
redirectMatch 301 ^/faqs/ Skills Exchange Faqs | Mutantspace
redirectMatch 301 ^/helping-mutantspace-and-the-trash-culture-revue/ Help Our Skills Exchange | Mutantspace
redirectMatch 301 ^/about-our-gift-economy/creator-of-mutantspace-cooperative/ Founding This Skills Exchange | Mutantspace

AuthUserFile "/home/mutantsp/.htpasswds/public_html/passwd"

# enable subdirectory inheritance of custom php settings
SuPHP_ConfigPath /home/mutantsp/public_html/

RewriteEngine on

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

the other thing is i found another .htaccess file in the wp-content file for some reason - dont know how it got there 9i certainly didnt put it there!)...it reads:

#Order Deny,Allow
#Deny from all
#<Files ~ "\.(css|jpe?g|png|gif|js)$">
#Allow from all
#</Files>

Options +Indexes

my permalink structure is a custom one: /%postname%/

php.allstar

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header() in /home/mutantsp/public_html/wp-content/themes/classipress/index.php on line 1

That is pretty suspect. Does that error still persist?

.htaccess looks fine as does permalink structure.

Have a look in the database. Do a search for any instance of your old domain. Do you find your old domain mentioned at all? If so, that could be the problem. You'll need to replace all instances of your old domain name with your new one.

mutantspace

thanks for that php.allstar.
What im doing at the moment is working on it in a sandbox on a different server - have done a fresh install and it seems fine i just hope that when i migrate it back that all holds steady..
by the way can a 301 redirect in the .htaccess file affect the header.php?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.