Comments...

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3tFl0w

Hi all,

What do you do when people comment on your blogs? I wrote a new post there over the last few days and mentioned some really good sites in it... then... Either the person who writes the site or someone who works for them commented back...

I was a little starstruck and commented back imediately. Should I have done this? Does that make me seem needy :) ?

Also does anyone find it weird knowing that someone you wrote about might have read your post? I wrote about Jens Meiert in a post recently and I noticed a referral from his WP admin page...

Is there a kind of ettiquette about this kind of thing? Am I thinking too much into it?

Cormac

You're thinking a bit too much into it.

I remember reacting a similar way to yours when Matt from Wordpress left me a few comments. I have received a good few comments from senior people in the web industry (folk from Netvibes, Movable Type, Netnews, etc..). It's nice but the charm wears off after a while.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Comments are good. If you engage with the people who take the time to comment, then it can be even better

gav240z

The Joys of Wordpress.

:D

Spam... So annoying that I have to approve every comment that goes in!

Ahh the Joy of Wordpress, having to delete every spam comment, even it you use Askimet plugin there's always 400 waiting to be deleted. They seem to target my highest PR page too with comments.

Hafsoh

Replying back comments on your blog is a good way of promoting the blog, its shows you are really serious on what you are doing, its a good engagement and relationship between you all.

macy

I would encourage comments on my blog if I were you. That would increase popularity and make your blog active for readers to participate on.

grandad

Comments are the lifeblood of blogs. I went through the same reaction at the beginning, but now often find that rapport with the commentators is as much fun as writing the articles!

Status
Not open for further replies.