• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

Do many of you apply for tenders?

Do you mean Government tenders or just any? Not in a long time. I hate the process and often it's pre-won. Not always though. Too often the tender is so heavily shaped by the consultant/team that drafted it that it often has silly things built into it that to another person are just a waste of time but legally you're obliged to pay attention to it.

Years ago the agency for Age discrimination wanted a database drawn up. I build a model of it in Microsoft Access to help conceptualise what they wanted to help with the tender. It took longer to read the document and get hold of the agency than to build the database. I surmised in my submission that Access (which was what they requested) was probably not suitable to their needs as its buggy and insecure and problematic to deploy on a network (users can edit forms, jump straight into the data) and that they should make it web/intranet based on either MS-SQL Express or MySQL.

They replied that they wanted to build the entire thing in Access as a pure test and were leaning towards throwing it away as soon as it had been done and were just doing it as an exercise to keep someone happy.....I lost interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.