Do you spend too much time in front of your computer?

Discussion in 'Work / Life Balance' started by frakilk, Aug 28, 2006.

?

Do you spend too much time in front of a computer?

1. Yes, yes, yes, I have a problem

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I have it under control

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. backfull01

backfull01 New Member

its bad for the body - get a wee

2. Niche

Niche New Member

I don't know how it can be referred to as too much time on the computer when it's time spent building a business.

For bricks and mortar businesses. no-one questions how long you stay in the office. So why question how long we spend in our office

3. writie

writie New Member

My fight is not so much against the computer itself, but the time spent being distracted. Not funny any more. Getting control. At least Twitter cuts down the time needed to run blogs!

4. links03rjean

links03rjean New Member

me i go surfing, watching videos, reading interesting stuff and go chatting..8 hours to be exact.

5. dadalmost

dadalmost New Member

12 hours a day :)

6. themonboys

themonboys New Member

Yes, up to 8 hours a day.

7. brightbyte8

brightbyte8 New Member

I often spend 14 hours a day with my computer - work, watching movies, reading e-books, IM & facebook....... news years resolution is to get it down to 8 - wish me luck!

8. themonboys

themonboys New Member

14 hours!!!!!! Good luck mate, you'll need it.:)

9. nanotriffid

nanotriffid New Member

I completely agree. I end up chatting to ppl online instead of doing all the productive things I set out to do that and playing games are my 2 biggest time-sucks :)

10. synapsis

synapsis New Member

I do only because I don't really enjoy watching TV. However I've been trying to cut back on my computer time and put it into other productive means like my social life. Can't sit on a computer all day and get what you need for social interaction, no matter if you have 10 chats going :)

11. Gossip Junkie

Gossip Junkie New Member

My goodness. I can't do that.

Most of the time I spend 10 hours in front of computer. 8 hours at work, 2 hours on my laptop when I get home.

12. pathmakerserves

pathmakerserves New Member

This is what I usually say to my husband. Now, it's him that will say that to me.

13. I4Visual

I4Visual New Member

apart from sleeping eating and travelling, I'm on a computer all the time, so I guess that is too much but hey I love it and I work with computers so I can't escape them during the day, at night I can go home and play games and sit on Msn.

14. Xtasy

Xtasy New Member

I only spend a whole great deal of time in the computer when I get to test a PC gaming software and my part-time job quite unique, that is testing them and checking for bugs and issues, my eyeballs literally drop off my eyes after 6 - 8 hours straight. But I can still say it is just enough time spent on the computer since it is productive anyways and not a waste of time.