Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcc

I've been thinking of selling a few domains and wondering about ballpark figures:

domaindruid.com (2008 reg)
domaindruid.net (2008 reg)
domaindruid.org (2008 reg)
domaindruid.info (2008 reg)
domaindruid.biz (2008 reg)
domaindruid.co.uk (2008 reg)
thedomaindruid.com (2008 reg)
thedomaindruid.net (2008 reg)

electricireland.com (2000 reg) *sold
electricireland.net (2000 reg) *sold

irishblogosphere.com (2005 reg)
irishblogosphere.net (2005 reg)
irishblogosphere.org (2005 reg)

irishgigguide.com (2000 reg)
irishgigguide.net (2000 reg)

irishtvguide.com (2000 reg)

webdirectoryireland.com (2006 reg)

searchenginesanddirectories.com (2005 reg)
searchengines-and-directories.com (2005 reg)

Regards...jmcc

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure about the domain druid set - I can see how *some* people would like them, but I've no idea if anyone would place a high value on them ..

jmcc

I'm not sure about the domain druid set - I can see how *some* people would like them, but I've no idea if anyone would place a high value on them ..
It was one of my less sane branding ideas for the site that became HosterStats. :)

Regards...jmcc

sparky

I would say:

searchenginesanddirectories.com (2005 reg)
searchengines-and-directories.com (2005 reg)

are very low value as too long.

DomainDruid is a "brandable", but very low value in my opinion too, as too many alternatives available, and it's not a "keyphrase" domain.

Rgds

jmcc

John,

I hope you got a good price from ESB for the 2 domains. Congrats.
Thanks. I was just lucky to have had the domains when they needed them. Though an even funnier one was that some local webdevs got together to launch a tourist site for Waterford. They called it WaterfordIreland.ie. I've owned WaterfordIreland.com for about 12 years and there's an old web directory on it. I built a small 800 site search engine for it in October but I just haven't gotten around to redoing the site yet.

I also own CarrickOnSuir.com and there was some interest in it but nothing further happened.

Regards...jmcc

munsterweb

It's always a satisfying feeling to see domain purchases vindicated. A bit of foresight and patience goes a long way in the domain market, particularly in Ireland. Saying that, I've let a few whoppers go in my time. In 2003-2005 I registered debtireland.com, debt.ie and bankruptcy.ie but allowed all 3 to lapse. Not one of my better decisions!

I've been lucky on a few occasions too. I sold shellschemes.com and shellschemes.co.uk recently to the same buyer for a decent return.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a few Irish related domains and I'd be interested to know which, if any, you think may have potential value:

adviceireland.com
ballinakillaloe.com
bmxracingireland.com
cycletrainingireland.com
debt-ireland.com
debtmanagementireland.org
discovernenagh.com
homeworkingireland.com
irelandactivityholidays.com
irelandgrandslam2009.com
irelandpropertynews.com
irishbmxracing.com
killaloe.info
killaloeballina.com
loughderg.info
seo ireland
theapprenticeireland.com

I also have a few .ie domains and would really appreciate some suggestions on how each could be developed:

childcareireland.ie
debtmediation.ie
schoolwebsites.ie
snowtopia.ie
theapprentice.ie
bikestart.ie
irishrecipes.ie

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
hyphenated domains in English aren't worth much

I'd be very wary of the "apprentice" related domains, as they could easily end up subject to a WIPO

munsterweb

I'd be very wary of the "apprentice" related domains
Thanks Blacknight. I was in discussion with TV3's solicitors when I first registered the domains and they had no problem with me operating sites provided I made it clear I had no association with them or Shinawil. The site apprenticeireland.com attracts a decent amount of traffic - just over 13,000 unique visitors in past 3 months so obvious potential if developed and maintained properly. I'd be particularly interested to hear from anyone with a JV suggestion.

I think gpstracker.tv has great potential too. Any views or suggestions on this?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'd still be very cautious, as TV3 don't own the brand - they're just licensing it from someone else as far as I know.

munsterweb

Neither theapprentice.com or theapprentice.tv appear to be registered by Warner Bros (who I believe own the license and theapprentice.net). Maybe I'm wrong, but it appears they're not too concerned about IP on these domains.

trickobrien

I always start with Googles external keyword tool before I register any domain.Firstly on the off chance that I might get an exact match,but to check what traffic,competition there is in any niche.Of course I only learned this after I would buy domains to beat the band in the beginning!

jmcc

Managed to register more domains by accident. (Late night and lack of coffee.)

newgtldnews.com
newgtldsnews.com

Regards...jmcc

Status
Not open for further replies.