Domain Transfer charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweb

I know this has come up before but I can't fine it.

I am looking at setting up a VPS hosting package with Blacknight.
I hae a domain name I want to use with that package that is currently hosting on register365.com (was with hosting365 until Fiat took over)

I requested the transfer Key so I can register the new VPS package with that domain name.

Sure enough they want £10+vat to transfer MY domain to another server.
They have the charge very cleverly placed above the following statement

[] there is a £10+vat charge to transfer away these domains

Please note that we cannot initiate a registrar transfer for any .com/.net/.org/.biz/.info domain names until the domain is 60 days old after initial registration. This is an ICANN ruling which we have no control over. Please contact our customer services department on 08453633633 if you have not got your login details.

It looks (to the ordenery person) like its not them charging it but ICANN)

After doing a little digging I found the following:

Admin Contact: me
Tech contact: Stephen McCarron
Domain Servers: ns1.hosting365.com/ns2.hosting365.com
Domain status: clientTransferProhibited
clientUpdateProhibited

So what I want to know is:
Who the hell are namesco Ireland Limited to tell me I have to pay THEM £10+vat to move my domain when they are not even listed on the registration details.

babyboy808

Just had to transfer a domain myself a few days ago from a crappy host (got it "free" with the hosting), the charge for this time consuming process... $24.99 - Lesson, always read the terms.

TheHoban

First time I have heared about a charge to have your domain unlocked for transfer.

It's complete rubbish if you ask me, It's like they are trying to sell the domain back to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.