Status
Not open for further replies.

gingem

What kind of website do you have?
They don't allow anything iffy. You must have read FAQ for requirements.
Is it an affiliate site?

gingem

Well Busarus, that's a proper site alright! It's been established for many years so I'm lost for words. The only thing I can think of is that for some reason they didn't think one of their financial (insurance, loans etc) ads would go with your website :confused: But I can tell you, they are not scam.

F

fantastvik

Don't forget, there are also other ads which you can stick on your website and traffic counts doesn't matter because you get a fix amount per page per month. Now multiply by that with the number of websites you have or you will create. :D
i agree with gingem yes you can use them there are many adense type of ad networks available on net. like Bidvertiser, Clicksor, Oxado, YPN etc... where yo can determine visits that a website has based on offsite factors like backlinks, Alexa Rank etc.

Busarus

any other recommendations

google works okay for me, so need to change that...

wouldnt mind addintg another string to the bow though

paintballer.ie

Tonnes.... too many!

I estimate that if I wanted to make a modest 2000 Euros a month off my site in Google Ads I'd need 1165730 page impressions... so won't be quitting the day job quite yet :)

I would say that is a bit low. last month i served 1.4 million pages and I don't get a whole lot from adbrite. I am currently trying to get back into google from being banned......

My unique for last month was only 21k, its a forum so a lot of those impressions were from the same people. From my neiche, I would make most from direct banner sales, even at that I only earn a few €100 per year per banner.

Long way to go still. Vbulletin upgrade on the way next month with nice features so lets see how that goes.

Edit... I read that as 1.1M and not 11M :)

Boards.ie does around 11m pages a month if I am not mistaken.

andywozhere

I would say that is a bit low.

I think it depends on the content/type of site. I think I get more clicks on Google ads because it is a directory and people are looking for stuff. 1.4 million sounds like a pretty decent number of page impressions... as it is forum I'd imagine it would create quite a lot of work in moderating it and not a whole lot in terms of cash? (although of course there might be other benefits, such as promoting your business etc)

paintballer.ie

I think it depends on the content/type of site. I think I get more clicks on Google ads because it is a directory and people are looking for stuff. 1.4 million sounds like a pretty decent number of page impressions... as it is forum I'd imagine it would create quite a lot of work in moderating it and not a whole lot in terms of cash? (although of course there might be other benefits, such as promoting your business etc)

just to clarify, i later added my post as I had misread the number, it was 11million, not 1.1 million :)

Factor of ten there would make a big difference.

paintballer.ie

sure would do :)... out of interest, do you find the moderating takes a lot of time?

On average I spend 4/5 hours a day checking up on the site. This is between moderating / admin and most importantly adding new content. My site is well established for 2 years now in google so it's time to start to reap the rewards. I am covering costs at least which is a start.

to your questions, yes moderating does take time, but it's something I enjoy doing. most of the people on my site I have met in person at some point and played paintball with them, so it is a very close knit community.

sophielc

If you want to make money from Adsense or other such programmes, you need to read a report called "the $5 a day formula" written by Josh Spaulding. I don't think I can post links here since I'm new but look for his blog from which you can download the report for free.
Basically he explains how to set up small websites that will bring you a minimum of $5 advertising income each day by targetting high-paying keywords and writing articles using high-traffic/low competition keywords.
It's simple and very easy to understand but you have to be prepared to write (or buy) a lot of articles.
I'm too cheap to buy domains and hosting but I might try this out with a few free blogs myself!

addoc

hello,
what about cpm ads. if you have 3 or 4 banners/box ads on a homepage and getting 20K, 50k, 100k p/w.

So basically no cpc or affiliate just a few cpm on a general content website how can i project earnings on cpm ads.
Im sure for generic content cpm rate would be low. €1 / 0.50c

I want to project earnings for a website based on traffic and cpm ads. (so i dont need to project ctr etc) to keep the projection simple.
So i have a ballpark traffic level to earn X,Y or Z

To count as a cpm does it have to be a unique user and if so is if the user clicks again when is it counted again , the next day/ week or never?

thanks

paintballer.ie

Just to give a quick update on this. I have started to copy a tool that is widely used by other large communities in my market.

This tool is the forum subscription. Essentially you have a forum and you can provide some extra services such as bigger album, sig, more pm's etc and charge €5- €20 a year for it. Might not seem like much but if you are the largest forum of your market and have 10,000 paying subscribers...... then it all add's up.

So, why should people pay for extra benifits on your forum?

• They genuinely feel the community has helped them and they want to give something back
  • What is on offer is totally cool and unique - t-shirts or access to some area of a forum
  • You charge for quality advice / tech support
  • Competition, spot prizes etc.

The trick is to build up a decent size community first and then start to introduce the option of a members area or a supporters club etc.

websitedesign

Depends on your niche...

Got ppc finance sites with high clicks making tons of money from around 500/month

On the other hand have general entertainment sites with 40,000 visitors/month and is not making half as much

Yes it's possible to make money but you have to know what you're doing

UTD Web

I'm making about 100 a month now myself through a forum... but the click through rate is abysmal on it... if this were comparable to the click through rates on some of my blogs I'd be able to retire.

forums suck for earnings!

paintballer.ie

I'm making about 100 a month now myself through a forum... but the click through rate is abysmal on it... if this were comparable to the click through rates on some of my blogs I'd be able to retire.

forums suck for earnings!

What is your forum link, as a matter of interest?

Busarus

my experience with forums is that high membership does not engender high returns as that is where they want to be, so they ignore the ads

archiseek is down 66% over the last year in $

Status
Not open for further replies.