Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone got any tips on getting people to review businesses that are on Google places?

Apart from simply linking to the listing and asking for a review I can't really think of any other ideas ..

eunaneunan

Hi, We are looking for similar improved response. I thinking of using "salesforce" or "constant contact" to reply after goods have been delivered to ask (beg) for a review! :)

Currently we have a competition on the home page offering "win your order for free" if you like us on FaceBook. Just started and it gets about 1 like per day or more. You can see it here. Furniture, Furniture Dublin Ireland. Sofas Bedroom and Dining Furniture
p.s. we are hosted with BlackNight.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Adding something into an email post-delivery of service / product is a good idea

I'm not sure if we'd be able to do it as we already send so much email :)

Satanta

I'm not sure if we'd be able to do it as we already send so much email :)
You want to be very careful there not to cross the line between a gentle suggestion to "Think we did a great job? Or a terrible one? Feel free to review our service" into a "Spammy spammy go spam our places reviewz plz!".

You could include a link to the reviews in the mails already being distributed, it's only a single extra line and shouldn't have a negative impact as long as it's worded correctly (depending on how the templates are set up, it could be restricted to only the most relevant mails). Having the staff throw up the link on the very common twitter service praise you get (I still love the "Customer service at the speed of Twitter" comment from some months back) should have a pretty high conversion rate (even the more subtle one yesterday had me drop a review). You could include the link on your live chat service introduction line, but that ones starting to get a little more obtrusive and might negatively impact on the perceived service, so one to be considered with care and ensure it's done is a suitable manner.

ryanoryan

Also on google places, you have the option of adding special offers, so maybe you could encourage the person to visit your review section with a tag line like:

"How was our service? Is there anything we could improve? Visit us at "google places link" and leave a review, where you can also avail of our exclusive google places special offers!"

sparky

Has anyone got any tips on getting people to review businesses that are on Google places?

Apart from simply linking to the listing and asking for a review I can't really think of any other ideas ..

Offer them an incentive of some kind, e.g. a discount.

Rgds

Darylle

Offer your customers incentives for creating reviews. Local search directories allow you to share coupons and discounts on their sites. Special coding on Facebook can allow you to share special offers for fans only. You can offer a giveaway for people who send in a video review. The possibilities are endless, and the better your offer, the more reviews you’re likely to receive.

If your customers love your product or service, they will most likely leave a review if you ask. You don't really have to pressure your customers to leave reviews. Just do so politely.

Status
Not open for further replies.