Status
Not open for further replies.

nevf

You're all gay. :)

I stayed out of this until now, but now that I think of it, I think I might join in...

Business is Business and thats brilliant and fúcking all, but will ye all have a small bit of cop on.

I'm not going to be biased with or against anyone here, but Eoin, your behavior was very unwarranted. I did find that wikipedia article, from the small bit that I had read, funny, but pathetic. Dirty Trick Tactics like this one, bring nothing more to the table, other than immaturity.

As for Eoin and Michele, you both have very good reputations, and why would you bother fighting with each other in an attempt to damage your reputations, and just as importantly, your dignity.

I wish you all the best Eoin, but please do act more professionally with your new venture, that includes refraining from obsessing with drawing images of your competitors owners, and posting them to Wikipedia. And no matter how much you hate an email, if it's private - it's private.

TheMenace

spam monster said:
We made some very interesting findings in the area of cognitive psychology and how people use websites. Trials we carried out with a prototype we built achieved conversion rates approximately 45% higher than traditional websites.

Once completed I am happy to share our findings with the Irish Internet community and will post them here.

Interesting findings in the area of cognitive psychology? The websites you're blurting out don't even adhere to the most basic tenets of good practice Web design and you expect us to believe that you're carrying out studies on user's mental processes and achieving improved conversion rates as a result. Conversion rates on what exactly?

Lottoplus

The Business Post had an article yesterday about the boys little spat, but came to the conclusion that nobody really cares!!

jmcc

Reads like the usual "technology journalist" ****e. :) Industry activists indeed.
We are the industry.
And the EI list is a mailing list rather than a forum.

Regards...jmcc

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Reads like the usual "technology journalist" ****e. :) Industry activists indeed.
We are the industry.

Regards...jmcc

was just about to say ....

buzz buzz ... hornets nest .. buzz buzz ... industry activists ... buzz buzz ... controversially ... buzz buzz ... battle royale ... buzzzzz.....

Cormac

That SBP website is a shocker. No search. No descriptive page titles. No search. No breadcrumbs. No search. Tables. I'm amazed they have an RSS feed.

As far the article, it read like a no-news-story. I don't think the SBP cover too many website / marketing topics. There is far too much server related stuff in their computer section for my liking too. That might appeal to some but it would be nice to have a better balance within the realms of technology.

jmcc

That SBP website is a shocker. No search. No descriptive page titles. No search. No breadcrumbs. No search. Tables. I'm amazed they have an RSS feed.

As far the article, it read like a no-news-story.
There's a bit of a thread on Twitter about it. I think that the SBP's CMS has its roots in Nua's old CMS. From what I remember, some Nuans formed a new company and the SBP used their CMS. Still, a bit of SEO and mod_rewrite would be useful. Those urls are bloody awful from a human and search engine POV.

The audience of the SBP is business rather than techies. It tends to concentrate of advertorial and buzz du jour. It doesn't always get the facts right.

Regards...jmcc

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think the SBP cover too many website / marketing topics. There is far too much server related stuff in their computer section for my liking too. That might appeal to some but it would be nice to have a better balance within the realms of technology.
Why don't you take it up with the editor?

nevf

To me, the article sounds like an obituary, but then again, omniserve is like an overpriced forward dated cheque, that really only has months to live imo.

oliflorence

The site done up are quiet poor and more or less the same quality as the one other companies out there do for €400 / €500, problem is that if Enterprise Ireland starts to promote this system potential customers may think it is a quality solution as it is recommended by a body meant to help businesses.
Funny thing is that on one hand EI might assist us with various grants, courses etc and on the other hand they are bringing competition which most of us may see as quiet unfair!!!

hosting365

31 sites listed so far - that's the princely sum of €12,369 (gross) in 5 months ( a run rate of €2,473 a month).

After hosting costs, cm4all license costs, basic overheads, that leaves almost enough to pay one person minimum wage.....

I just hope EI haven't blown too much tax payers wedge on this one...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
31 sites listed so far - that's the princely sum of €12,369 (gross) in 5 months ( a run rate of €2,473 a month).

After hosting costs, cm4all license costs, basic overheads, that leaves almost enough to pay one person minimum wage.....

I just hope EI haven't blown too much tax payers wedge on this one...

Is it 31 sites or simply 31 sites that you know about?

Status
Not open for further replies.