Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

How long do you think before companies will be able to build a full website/presence on Facebook?

bober

How long do you think before companies will be able to build a full website/presence on Facebook?

Not long i'd imagine. Sure some companies online presence are only on facebook - also iFrames are being introduced therefore you can essentially install your website in a tab on facebook.

Satanta

As Boaber mentioned, some already are trying. I don't agree with it myself, you should focus on properties that you own and have control over, but it's a relatively cheap way to achieve the basic information requirements and even to achieve ecommerce functionality so is a viable option for some.

Byron

I do have a few clients who are edging towards that approach, but unless they actually have a good few likes, and are spending on facebook (let alone targeting the right people) I don't think It's a suitable replacement, because, simply it doesn't do the same job as a website... some people like to be wowed by innovative or creative layouts, or like a nice short url to look up again... I think only 13-35 firms should even continplate such an approach... just my two cents...

I think much of it comes down to the type of client, their business and most importantly their level of commitment to that vehicle. Its such a common scenario "We want social networking to go with our new site"! Great but who's going to drive it you say? Then..Radio silence. Im with Satanta, dont think its the right way nor do I personally think it will catch on. I often remind myself FB is in fashion now but feel theres nothing that says it will live on with great certainty. Again just my view.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'd agree that Facebook is in fashion etc., but can people really afford to completely ignore it?

Of course if adding Facebook to the marketing mix is only to "check a box" and there isn't any real "buy in" then it's pointless

Satanta

I'd agree that Facebook is in fashion etc., but can people really afford to completely ignore it?
As you mention, if it's a tick the box exercise then they'd be far better off to ignore it. It reflects poorly on the business and just wastes resources. If used properly, it can add value and provide an excellent social layer in terms of improved customer service and increasing brand awareness.

There's a huge difference between David's question of using it as their sole or even main web presence and using it as part of their marketing strategy though, the former is a big mistake in my own opinion and the latter a viable option (but needs to be done correctly and with realistic goals in place for it - e.g. lifetime value rather than direct conversions).

bober

If used properly, it can add value and provide an excellent social layer in terms of improved customer service and increasing brand awareness.

I've been really looking into how to use facebook as a business driver & I'm not sure if I'm upto date or this is old new BUT I came across come pretty cool apps on my travels that include 1) You can have a store on facebook selling your products 2) selling / sharing coupons 3) affiliate marketing on facebook 4) They've introduced facebook e-mail, I'm sure there will be massive benefits down the line such as associating your credit card with the desired user/buyer etc etc.. NorthSocial in Particular have some pretty cool applications, turning your page into a marketing dream.

Also like websites facebook pages can aquire sign up's for newsletters, special offers etc. building your e-mail database just like on a website:)

Back the question again - I'm sure facebook pages will soon be like micro-sites + with Google bringing out FREE website creators, facebook may decide to better/beat them to the chase. who knows.

T

tofaeg

As you mention, if it's a tick the box exercise then they'd be far better off toكشف تسربات ignore it. It reflects poorly on the business and just wastes resources. If used properly, it can add value and provide تخزين اثاث an excellent social layer in terms ofشركات نظافة فى الدمام شركات مكافحة الحشرات فى الدمام تسليك مجاري الدمام improved customer service and increasing brand awareness.
this is completely right , if it was used perfectly , it 'll get a good business reputation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.