Facebook wins facebook.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting decision, though it's not clear if they'll actually use it or leave it to gather dust.
What confused me was the registrant's claims about their responses. Could you make any sense of that?

jmcc

Interesting decision, though it's not clear if they'll actually use it or leave it to gather dust.
What confused me was the registrant's claims about their responses. Could you make any sense of that?
It looks like they got caught but foolishly never expected to get caught. They claimed that the transfer procedure wasn't clear to Facebook which may have been true. They did give up the domain on receiving the complaint but apparently Facebook pursued the action.

Regards...jmcc

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If they gave up the domain why did Facebook pursue the action? That bit made no sense to me

jmcc

If they gave up the domain why did Facebook pursue the action? That bit made no sense to me
Look at the timing - it was Christmas week (I think). Perhaps it was a procedural screw up. But there is also the possibility that it was using this action to set a precedent that could be used in other ccTLDs.

Regards...jmcc

Status
Not open for further replies.