Free link checker, site analyzer and seo tool (beta) - looking for testers! please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneDevaneNET

Hi everyone, excuse the spammy title!

I've been working on a side project for the past few months, called Link-Check
Link Checker | Website Spider and SEO Tool | Link-Check | link-check.org
(http://www.link-check.org)

It's a free tool that will crawl your website and convert it to a .xls excel file, listing potential SEO problems, missing pages and a whole bunch of other data it finds.

I'm looking for people to test it out and give feedback (negative or positive - it's all the same really!) it's completely free and the project is a work in progress.

I'm hoping to always keep it free and allow webmasters and SEO people use the tool for client websites etc.

Thanks

Shane

myfirsturl

i like the idea, but dont you think its kind bold, your results will be emailed instead to be shown directly on your website.

ShaneDevaneNET

Hey, I see the thinking, but because it crawls a website (500 Pages) and runs 30+ regular expression checks on each page, it can take approx 10-20 mins to run (and also depends on what's currently in the queue and processing). So displaying the results in real time isn't feasible - I could always create a HTML page with info, instead of Excel, but either way some sort of email would need to be sent after all the processing it done.

Thanks for the feedback! have you tried it on any sites yet??

andywozhere

Thanks Shane, it's a nice idea. I've submitted a site to check for links, looking forward to getting the results back soon!! Fair play to you for putting the work in.

andywozhere

Shane, Got my report. It certainly contains plenty of data. Here's a few thoughts:
  • I wonder if emailing the report is the way to go. I think that might put some people off as they might be worried about spam or downloading viruses.
  • It's nice to have an option of downloading an Excel spreadsheet, but at the same time Excel is just plain ugly. If you could find a way of presenting the data in a more attractive way I think you could be on to a winner.
  • It looks like you limit site crawl reports to under 500 URLs? It would be nice to be able to crawl more than that.
  • In the 'top words' column I'm getting some results picked out of the javascript on the site. I've got the feeling these shouldn't be there.
At the moment you're offering something similar to Xenu Link Sleuth mixed with a variety of SEO tools. While there is lots of good data there I just think the service would be giving a more attractive online report. Good luck with it.

dota2hook

my fav seo tool is -> woorank
about yours, i hate it that i need to open my email, dwnlad something and then start it with excell...could have been done instantly..anyways, nice crawling

at the end of the day...some nice stats :p

Maki

The website looks great, well done.
I didn't try your service because I don't like to give my e-mail - that's one negative thing
Also, from e-mail marketing point your website is perfect! Your visitors have incentive to give you an e-mail because you offer them quality (I hope so) thing.
So, good luck anyway!

MOH

Cheers, looks pretty useful - only had a quick glance at the report, will look properly later.

One thing - definitely get some kind of privacy statement up if you're asking for e-mail addresses.

MOH

You just confused the hell out of me - I was trying to work out why according to AWStats I suddenly had a load of French visits to my site this month - given that it's exactly 500, I'm assuming your link checker is hosted in France?

I'd suggest putting something bot-related in the user agent string, and maybe looking for robots.txt, to help stats packages can make a guess that it's a bot and avoid skewing site statistics? Either that or maybe a note on the website that this might show in your traffic stats (maybe that should be obvious, but I'm a bit slow today ;) )

FergusM

Hi Shane,

Nice Fresh looking professional site. But why thew email. It gets rid of 9 out of 10 people on my site very effectivly. Am I missing something but why the keywords. Ithought that this was for broken links? But the big question is how do you have a PR3 page with no back-links. Are you redirecting from another domain?

Regards
Fergus

Status
Not open for further replies.