Wordpress Free WordPress Backup/Restore Plugin

AronK

Dear Forum Members,

Not sure how many of you are WordPress users, just thought that my plugin might come handy to some of you.

It's name is WPvivid Backup/Restores and is lightweight and easy to use.

It is completely free(free update and support) and is hosted at WordPress plugin repository: WordPress Backup/Restore by WPvivid

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Aron

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Dear Forum Members,

Not sure how many of you are WordPress users, just thought that my plugin might come handy to some of you.

It's name is WPvivid Backup/Restores and is lightweight and easy to use.

It is completely free(free update and support) and is hosted at WordPress plugin repository: WordPress Backup/Restore by WPvivid

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Aron
Are there limits on how much disk space the backups will use if you opt to do the backups into your existing hosting account?
We've seen a few of these backup plugins that don't have any sane limits and just grow and grow until the user's account is full :)

AronK

Hi Mr Neylon,

Thank you for taking the time to comment and letting us know your concern! You've introduced a good question, which is also a real concern for many webmasters.
The answer is yes, WPvivid Backup/Restore does include a series of features to help limit the amount of disk space the backups will use when you choose to back up to your web server:
1. It allows you to set how many backups(1-7) to retain in your server disk. Once set, the oldest backup will be automatically removed when a new one is created. This works both when you create on-demand backups and set scheduled backups(which is a free feature).
2. It allows you to sweep out-of-date backups and junk files(generated during the process of restore) off your server disk.
Note: If you select "lock the backup" option before running an on-demand backup. You'll need to remove the backup from the backup list manually.

Thank you again for your good question and please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Award-winning Mac antivirus and Internet security software