Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

Hi guys, i'm looking for decent freelance sites which can offer code and design services at a decent price but with high quality of course.

louie

I used in the past elance.com
I got a decent job out of them, but they mostly use ready made packages so I stopped, cause I prefer to have it unique.

ph3n0m

I just generally ask people I know and also use forums such as this. Basically giving details of the project/work, and then get people to submit for it.

Plus since most people I know and deal with are in my locale (Ireland), it means I can physically chase them down instead of having to class them as a "bad experience", if they dont deliver

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'd tend to agree

I've outsourced work to $random programmers / designers etc., in the past and most of the time it's been very iffy.

I find that I get a much better return if I use someone with a decent track record who is local enough to bludgeon if they screw up

enzo

Hi guys, i'm looking for decent freelance sites which can offer code and design services at a decent price but with high quality of course.

What's the job if you don't mind me asking? Can you give some details of what you'd need?

Comparison.ie

A friend of mine recommended ScriptLance.com Custom Freelance Programming. Outsource web projects to programmers and designers. and I have used them twice.

The first time was a Brazilian coder who created a custom database driven backend for my e-commerce site. He was very reasonable and I got a very good site at a very good price.

The second time was just a couple of months ago on my latest site and chose an Irish programmer, who sorted the deisgn as well through a friend of his. Top notch communication and again a good price.

Both projects went well, but always read peoples feedback, the friend that recommended them to me had one go bad, where the programmer couldn't do what he said he could and them harrased my friend on MSN, because he only rated him 5 stars (out of ten).

louie

When I used freelancer, was usually for small jobs that I didn't have the time and weren't that important either. Big things that requires security, and are more complicated, I prefer to do it myself. This way if anything goes wrong I know where to look. The reason I don't use ready made packages either like Joomla, etc.
I prefer to know how things work and why it doesn't. But that's just me.

Cormac

yes, i do my own code but i'm a bit weak design wise. It's easy enough to learn how to code but design needs a bit of natural talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.