Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjoern30

most probably you already read somewhere that giving away a free ebook will get you tons of visitors - I tried this myself and to be honest it wasnt such a great success -But I still like the idea to give someting away for free - a great idea would to give something away for free which is sort of unique, has "value" and doesnt cost you an arm and a leg..What about giving away those fake Million Dollar Bills with your URL - some are really cheap while others (those of higher quality)cost you usually more than a few bucks. If you do your own design you could print them even cheaper (but check with the Feds first) LOLIMO thats a great idea if you own a "Make Money Blog" or want to teach people how to make money online - Print your URL on it and make you whole town "rich" by giving them away (I guess that wont work if you live in L.A.) ;-)))Check Bing and you will find plenty of sites where you can order your Millions of Dollars...

eamo

People will always want something for free. Good ebooks do help, but they need to be well targeted and provide some value to your audience. Otherwise it's a waste of time.

synapsis

Usually if you can't find something worth value to give away, the next thing people want is a novelty item or something which they can show off to friends. I've seen a few sites do this and interestingly enough its actually caused small stirs in communities because of it. Helps gets to the word out rather than just saying "Free eBook about something" because most people see the word free and associate it with junk or a lure to pull you in for something you don't really want.

afterdark

Trudyaffair Free Present with first 10 orders to-day

I would like to take this opportunity to thank-you for purchasing from our site in the past.
Late Night Clothing - Sexy Dresses,lingerie, Shoes, Boots
I would like to let you know that we have now launched a brand new site.
TrudyAffair - Sexy Lingerie, shoes, plus sizes, wigs, Leather & Vinyl
We have lots of new companies that we have signed distributions for. Not all are listed yet. Also not everything is transferred over from the old site. The old site is still active so if you do happen to see something listed there that is not yet listed on new site let me know and I will list it for you on new site.
Finally, we are now excepting laser and all major cards on our site. In order to accept payment through Realex we have to have a valid e-mail address, so Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard and Laser Cards. Payment through this website is processed using Realex, a recognised online credit payment agency that is guarded by SSL encryption security, and connections to the banks are completed over private dedicated circuits that are managed by the banks. Sensitive data is never held in any network segment accessible from the internet, ensuring you of the highest possible protection for your credit or debit card details.

Thank-you so much for reading this e-mail.

Kindest Regards

TrudyAffair - Sexy Lingerie, shoes, plus sizes, wigs, Leather & Vinyl

Giving away stuff for free rarely works. It costs you money and it breaks the golden rule of advertising.

Always target your advertising spend at your customers, or people who will more than likely, become your customers. This is why market research is so important and you don't need to spend a fortune to a big research company to profile your customers. Start collecting data and do it yourself. You will be surprised just how similar your customer base is, if you do the research right.

You should concentrate on giving YOUR customers more. Not giving stuff away to somebody who will take anything that is free.

The EXCEPTION is if it costs you nothing to give something away for free. A eBook may on the surface appear to cost you nothing, but you may be wasting a valuable resource!

jimmyx

Giving away something for free is a very good viral marketing strategies. Of course the free giveaway have to provide value to the readers.If not it will be a waste of time.People will help you to spread the messages around if the free giveaway is good.As you know the positive word thru mouth will help your giveaway to circulate around the internet sphere.

brabazon

As seen normally, free resources always attracts visitors to visit on your site. giving away something free is a good marketing technique to advertise your company products and services. It will give you more traffic to your website. free ebooks, free registration, free e-cards; these are the good examples of free resources.

Give your site more traffic through providing free resources.

link8r

Giving away stuff for free rarely works. It costs you money and it breaks the golden rule of advertising.

Always target your advertising spend at your customers, or people who will more than likely, become your customers. This is why market research is so important and you don't need to spend a fortune to a big research company to profile your customers. Start collecting data and do it yourself. You will be surprised just how similar your customer base is, if you do the research right.

You should concentrate on giving YOUR customers more. Not giving stuff away to somebody who will take anything that is free.

The EXCEPTION is if it costs you nothing to give something away for free. A eBook may on the surface appear to cost you nothing, but you may be wasting a valuable resource!

I would add to this : never give away something for free if you expect to charge for it later but by all means give away something if it adds value to a purchase and is still genuine.

For example, Halfords give a free A/C cleaner spray with every AC top up. You could give away a years free hosting with Blacknight with every website designed.

It also gives you something to shout about. It's a great way to run a competition.

Are these opinions actually based on something, or just hearsay from a SEO 'expert' on the web?

Giving away something that has value to a potential customer is a bad business plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.