Google expands sitelinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

Not sure why - 6 rows of links takes up a lot of space!

According to Microsoft/Bing they're "winning" the war - they have an 81% Click through on the first results (first search) -v- Google's 67%. No idea how they calculate that or how it means it's better. Unless you think in straight lines, which Microsoft do well!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Think about it logically
Most sitelink results are only triggered when you more or less know what you are looking for eg. "company name" or "product name" or "event"
So the sitelink results, arguably, help to get you to the most important info faster ..
As for the Bing vs Google debate - they're probably talking about the click per position stats. For some bizarre reason Google's higher click is the 2nd position (can't remember where I read that, but I know I saw it somewhere in the last couple of days .. )

link8r

Think about it logically
Most sitelink results are only triggered when you more or less know what you are looking for eg. "company name" or "product name" or "event"
So the sitelink results, arguably, help to get you to the most important info faster ..

Yes, but because that often uses domain matching (as part of it) - it shows a lot on generic searches too!

As for the Bing vs Google debate - they're probably talking about the click per position stats. For some bizarre reason Google's higher click is the 2nd position (can't remember where I read that, but I know I saw it somewhere in the last couple of days .. )

Be great if you could find that please! I know that Position 1 is anything between 37% and %57 from our own stats (for example, we have some clients who bid on their own name in AdWords and rank suitably #1 -> #4 too)

Status
Not open for further replies.