Google not indexing all of site question

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacefrog

Hi,

The website is What is Rolfing?.

Click on the left on the "find a rolfer" and it brings you to Find a Rolfer which brings up a directory list. Some of the listed people have a "Business Card" with their entry which is a link to a page with more information about that person and a link to their web site. The main purpose of the “Business Cards” is to be the link to the practitioners web site.

For example for Viola Dotzauer her "Business Card" is Viola Dotzauer Business Card

So my question is why does google index rolfing.org but the "Business Cards" section of the site is NOT indexed?

I dont think this is a time issue as google has trawled the directory listing in the last 2 weeks.

Could it be a robots.txt issue? If is the robots.txt file publicly accessible?

To find if google indexed I did the following search - site:rolfing.org "text from business card page" I did this for 10 of the cards and got no hits.

Thanks,
Tony

peacefrog

Louie,

I am searching for a text string within one of the "business cards". For example "site:rolfing.org Viola Dotzauer" and this search fails to fine her "business card".

This is not my site but I am a member of the organization. So I dont know about a site map. Could this "block" google from indexing the complete site? Is the site map file publicly viewable?

Thanks,
Tony

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
how exactly do you get to the business cards page .. I can't see it from the find a rolfer page ...

having id = 1 .. 2 .. 3 ... or whatever isn't ideal

no sitemap won't help ..

Not having a robots.txt won't have that big an impact (at least in my experience)

Its normally used to exclude parts of your site (image directories and so on)

Status
Not open for further replies.