Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

It really is fantastic. Would love to see it expand as well, especially Limerick.

I was trying to work out what the logistic issues are behind the "slow" roll out

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe they're focussed on building it out to a high standard instead of simply doing numbers?
From speaking to drivers in Dublin they love it, but there's definitely a learning curve and the software has its quirks. For example, it couldn't find Heuston Station as a destination last time I tried :)

link8r

Sounds about right. I'd have thought they'd just base it off Google maps but then that can be equally cumbersome at other things.

I was impressed that taxi drivers whom I'd never thought I'd have seen using an iphone absolutely loved it. Especially the guys paying over €100 a week for radio!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds about right. I'd have thought they'd just base it off Google maps but then that can be equally cumbersome at other things.

I was impressed that taxi drivers whom I'd never thought I'd have seen using an iphone absolutely loved it. Especially the guys paying over €100 a week for radio!

It gives them quite a few advantages over being stuck on a rank or being called out to find the fare has already been picked up ..

link8r

Its a win for the customer - as IT & the web is proving to be all about. Getting a taxi before was based on having access to a telephone that had available taxis. Its like Google to the Golden Pages. It's super win. It's about breaking the middle man who doesn't add value to the consumer. You can apply that rule to almost any successful web startup that has gone stratospheric - twitter (breaks the editorial control in a newspaper/media channel - lets public discuss their views than someone elses opinion about them), Google, Facebook (*cough*), YouTube, Voip services....

Hailo - It's got the right mix

Status
Not open for further replies.