Status
Not open for further replies.

GimmeDat

By nuts, I don't mean by their attempts to charge for using their luxury onboard toilets but rather, Ryanair seem to be advertising their competitors via Google Adsense?? I'm not sure if they have been doing this for long but surely this is plain stupidity??

Byron

yea they could make more profits off a single click, only for people to say that Ryanair are cheaper anyway and return

They are nuts. But it works very well indeed. If your product or service is competing on price alone there is no better way of securing a sale than being so open and honest with a customer you are prepared to send then to your rivals site (and make a few pennies with the click as a bonus) to show them just how good your price is.

We implemented exactly this technique with a budget UK sports nutrition site with great results.

PhilipD

Ryanair Nuts?

First thought this was a new policy for Ryanair in relation to a charging more for people they believe to be, how can I put it, not average! Let's face it their whole suite of facilities are average.Average seat size, average head room, average service....Heaven help anybody who does not conform to the norm.:)
But if there is a marketing or money making trick that they do not use then its probably worthless anyway.
Mr O' Leary is a shrewd business man and investor, he employs many people in the horseracing industry also, where the chances of financial return are fare less than his airline so he has to get his money back somehow!
Fair play to him I say, and if he wants to buy a good horse with a good chance of getting some financial reward I hope he comes my way!

Status
Not open for further replies.