Help with Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildSaffy

Hi all,

Stupid question but hey!! I'm new. I normally use a form creator to make forms but I would like to post this form directly to the website. I have made up the form using my normal form maker - how do I change the HTML so that the form is posted to a specific email address? :confused: Any help appreciated. The HTML is as below:

<form name="contactForm" method="post" action="">
<input name="subject" type="hidden" id="subject" value="Enquiry About Fleet Services" />
<table width="30%" style="border: 0px solid #000000; margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: #FFFFFF;"><tr><td>
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
<tr bgcolor="#EFEFEF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">Name of Company</font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"><input name="q[1]" type="text" value="" size="50" maxlength="" /></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">Address</font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"><input name="q[2]" type="text" value="" size="50" maxlength="" /></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#EFEFEF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"> E-mail Address:<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></font></td><td><input name="email" type="text" id="email" size="20" maxlength="100" /></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td colspan="2"><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">Name of Contact<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td colspan="2"><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"><input name="q[3]" type="text" value="" size="50" maxlength="" /></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#EFEFEF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">Web Address</font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"><input name="q[5]" type="text" value="" size="40" maxlength="" /></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">No. of Vehicles<font color="#FF0000"> *</font></font></td><td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"><input name="q[6]" type="text" value="" size="20" maxlength="" /></font></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"><hr size="1" /></td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><input name="submit" type="submit" value="Submit" /> </td></tr>
<tr><td><font color="#FF0000" size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><b>*</b></font> <font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Required</font></td><td align="right"></td></tr>
</table></td></tr></table>

paul

Ninja
you need something at the location action="" , that will process your form and email to yourself.
p

louie

the action="" is not really necessary as the form will be posted to the same page automatically, but it is a good practise to have it set.

You need some server side code (php. asp) to process the order and email it.

ringleader

Code:
<form name="contactform" action="index.php?$session[sessionurl]do=messageme" method="post">

// Parts of the form.

</form>

if ($_POST['messageme'])
{
   // process and send message
}

The first part is your form displayed to the user to input things to.

When submitted, it goes to the 'messageme' part of your php code and executes what is in that part of the code (presumably emailing you the form contents).

Status
Not open for further replies.