Status
Not open for further replies.

IGRAPHIX

Hi Guys,

Im fairly new to the whole seo process and am a little confused at the moment. I am currently designing a website for an air conditioning company its sirus.ie and am having trouble getting it to rank well in google. As far as i can tell the website is properly optimized and is getting a good pagerank of 3 at the moment which is higher than my competitiors kellyrac.com website. The search term in particular i want to achive high rankings with is "air conditioning". It seems to be a low competative search term yet im still having trouble with it. I am also building backlinks for it and it does not seem to be working at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Brian

Gavin

Its not a good idea to have the same content on different pages. I noticed you have the air con and engineering blurb on 3 different pages. I'd compile more content for each page targeting specific key phrases.

Remove the link going to wholinks2me.com Is there are a purpose of linking to EazySafe & Phoenix Safety? Would visitors to sirus benefit from the two sites?

louie

You have a long way to go IGRAPHIX - the site is far from being SE optimised.

You compare your website to the other one, but I have to say the second will rank higher as it is more SE friendly...

RedCardinal

Hi Guys,

Im fairly new to the whole seo process and am a little confused at the moment. I am currently designing a website for an air conditioning company its sirus.ie and am having trouble getting it to rank well in google.
Out of curiosity was SEO part of your contract with the client?

IGRAPHIX

Thanks guys,

No SEO was not part of the contract with my client however he is a good friend of mine and has asked if i could help him out with it and i thought it would be a good way to learn.

Thanks Gavin for the tips. I will change the duplicate content and remove the wholinks2me link, however it was requested to place the eazysafe and pheonix safety links there as they are sisters companies to sirus. Is there a problem with placing these links here? and is there any solution to the problems?

Thanks again guys, any more helpful hints would be very appreciated or if maybe you know of a useful guide to optimizing it properly?

Regards,
Brian

3rigena

use "air conditioning" instead of AirCon in image alt-text

optimise your meta tags correctly - having "dublin" as a meta tag is useless

Add more keyword rich content.. the homepage has bugger all textual content..

add more KW rich content pages, perhaps an aircon FAQ

put some of your keywords in bold and italics...

think about getting rid of tables for layout.. they add significant bloat.

remember content is king, and every page should contain some of your KWs and unique content

Good luck w/ it.

Gavin

Is there a problem with placing these links here? and is there any solution to the problems?

The first link I clicked on was the one for EazySafe, it was the logo that caught my eye. I was only on the site less than 10 seconds and had already clicked through to EazySafe. The goal should be to keep visitors on the site to read more on the services provided by Sirus.

If there was an about us page or a company profile I'd place the sister links on that page.

any more helpful hints would be very appreciated or if maybe you know of a useful guide to optimizing it properly?

You need to look at the site navigation and the content. The competitor site is a good example of how a small site should be with easy navigation & good content.

A good read to start with is Richards own posts on 10 steps to getting into Google and 13 deadly Google sins.

RedCardinal

Hats off for the Wiki link
Hmmm... my hat is very much on for stupidly thinking you could spam wikipedia (whose links are nofollowed anyhow):
Code:
=== Irelands Refrigeration Air Conditioning and Heating Companies ===

- 	
Sirus Air Conditioning, originally trading as Temperature Ltd., has been providing service to the HVAC (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning) and Controls industry since 1986. Sirus Air Conditioning principal business is the maintenance, service, commissioning, and validation of commercial and industrial HVAC installations. Sirus Air Conditioning also supplies and installs air conditioning equipment; e.g., water chillers and split type air conditioners.

- 		 
- 	
See http://www.sirus.ie

- 		 
- 	
Operating throughout Ireland from Cork and Dublin.

Did you seriously think that Sirus was so important that it deserved encyclopaedic mention?

Of course it was deleted along with the other 3 places you added that.

If you're new to this I would recommend sticking with the basic low-risk strategies.

Status
Not open for further replies.