How hard is it!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziycon

Just wondering how hard it is to get a job in one of the big Irish hosting companies, im finishing up my honors degree in May and am looking at getting a job, so thought i'd throw it out there to get some feedback!

Thanks in advance!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on your skillset and your attitude :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If only life was always that easy!

Nothing ventured. Nothing gained.

Depending on where you are based and what you are interested in doing and what you have done to date....

I'd recommend sending in your CV to a few of the hosting companies and see what happens....

gary.b

Just wondering how hard it is to get a job in one of the big Irish hosting companies, im finishing up my honors degree in May and am looking at getting a job, so thought i'd throw it out there to get some feedback!

Thanks in advance!

Heh - i'm in a similar boat - but i'll have "Networking & Support" and some generic IT addon degree in 4 years time.

Just an addon question for potential employers: I'd be more interested in the kinds of jobs that are being demanded more:

Do you need Engineering types that mess about with server racks and tell you stuff like "if we secretly install generators in the next door gym we can cut our power consumption 9%"

more arty / creative types that keep changing your layout and gradient images and tell you stuff about colour theory..

Or Coder types that speak in binary and write programs to automate just about anything - even replying to your emais using smart algorithms and regular expressions.

Or all of the above ?

Status
Not open for further replies.