How many scripts on one database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButtermilkJack

Is there a limit to the amount of scripts you can install with one database? I have a hosting account with only one database. I already have two scripts running on it, Wordpress and Coppermine, both using the same database. Could I add phpBB to that mix and allow it to use the same db, or would things get messy?

Am I right in saying as long as the tables prefix is unique then the only limit is my server space and bandwidth? :eek:

louie

you can use as many as you want once you have the tables named properly so you don't get mixed up.

ButtermilkJack

Thanks louie!

By the way, do you know if it's possible to bridge Wordpress with Coppermine? I've been searching and I can't find a definitive answer. I've seen posts where people say it's possible to pull images from CPG into WP posts, but I want to be able to cross-reference the db so users only have to register/login once, and not for both!

Any ideas?

louie

Haven't been using any of them so I won't know.
The thing is - if you have any similarities betwen the customers in the database, you can store a session or a cookie (let's say email address & OR IP - which are unique) and loged them automatically into the sites.
Saying that is a good practice to make sure if they are trying to access their own details or more sensitive data then ask to login first.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I think there are plugins out there that cover integrating wordpress with most gallery software / scripts that you can think of.

Have you tried the wordpress plugins repository?

Status
Not open for further replies.