How much do you make from Text Link Ads?

How much do you earn from TLA?

• $0 > $100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100 > $200

• $200 > $400

• $400 > $800

• $800 > $1000

• $1000 +

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Packet

Michele

What the best sites to read about TLA and adsense, never got a chance to sit down with them and would love to maximizing the potential now.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Tom

I'd have a look at some of the links in the sticky to start with. It depends a lot on the type of sites you are trying to monetise, so your mileage may vary A LOT :)

M

paul

Ninja
Has anyone being reviewed by TLA {aff}, i.e. you applied once and the alexa traffic and the PR was too low, but now it looks a bit better, and maybe more attractive to advertisers ?? They say when you submit and fail to qualify that they will recheck your site in a month. So I'm wonder does this really happen ?

Cormac

I signed up a few months back and was accepted, this being my second application. I installed the code to my sidebar but I never had any contact from any publishers. I think TLA are opening the flood gates and letting in everyone. They aren't as picky as before and as a result publishers have a lot to choose from

Has anyone being reviewed by TLA {aff}, i.e. you applied once and the alexa traffic and the PR was too low, but now it looks a bit better, and maybe more attractive to advertisers ?? They say when you submit and fail to qualify that they will recheck your site in a month. So I'm wonder does this really happen ?

That's a bit sneaky on your part Michele to edit Paul's comment in order to add your affiliate link. That's surely an abuse of your role as admin.

Cormac

So you would surrender your ability to add your own affiliate links to your own posts just to keep someone else happy?

3rigena

dude, this is someone's business... so no I am not gonna start trying to make cash from someone else's biz (if it competes/encroaches on their currently available affil options)

reason for my feelings: I run a few forums - and I advertise certain products (via affil links).. When some a-hole comes along and tries to get people to sign up for the same product using their own affil link, I get very p*ssed off...

To help combat this (on my forum) I have put rules in place - however just like spammers - some people do not understand/respect rules.

do you really think it's okay to mention adbrite or TLA here and use your affil link when clearly Michele has his own on the r/h/s of the forum?
I don't.

It is down to simple courtesy that I have not spammed err I mean added affil links on this forum - I have watched the "are affil links okay" threads with an eagle eye - yet no answers have yet been forthcoming from "the boss" Michele.

just my standpoint - and you can see why. If you ran a forum or two of your own I daresay you might feel a tad differently.. you might not..

I guess it is slightly different when valued users post an affil link, rather than some cockroach who just joined to try to make a few quid. shrug.

anyway It's friday.. hope all you guys have a good one and get away from your PC's for at least an hour or two barring sleep:)

cheers
Niall

Gavin

Michele why don't you get a script to add your affil links anytime anyone mentions adbrite etc in a post.. there are some mods for this forum for that very purpose..

Ah yes the in your face affiliate linkage system. Great way to drive myself away from the forum and probably others too.

I have already seen two forums stop dead in its tracks after implementing such a script.

FYI: I'll agree with Cormac on this one. How about a little you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.