Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrus

I have few clients who want to promote their business on Facebook, but don't know thing about it.

Basically I would set up their page, create a custom image under the welcome tab, a custom image to the sidebar and would give q quick overview what they should(and when) post to their wall.

probably 3-4 hours of work. Does 30-45 euros sound fair for that?

Byron

it all depends on what you value your time at really, you should keep in mind you will need to get your current friends to like the page to get numbers going, and also invest 1-2 hours time, at their workplace to teach them how to use Facebook.

Andrus

...you will need to get your current friends to like the page to get numbers going..

sry but can't agree with that. It's not about number of likes. it is about having the right people to like your page. Agree with the rest you said.

100 targeted people are better than 10,000 that have no interest in your business - though it does look nice if the page has lot of fans.

Byron

Targeting people is a good idea, if a significant budget is allocated, but for under a few hundred euro, its not worth the hassle, particularly when you a dealing with same city / town company's who will always have a close friend / family member who may need the services.

Andrus

well depends on the business. but there's no point for me to invite my friends to join a company's page that they have no interest in.

there are lot of things business managers can do to promote the page - no need to use facebook ads always.

Byron

It very much depends on what you use your own Facebook profile for, I use it 90% networking / communication / promotion, 10% personal / updates. That means that I have nearly 1,500 "friends" this produces a "Like" ratio of 1:11 which is an ok basic start for any page. So many requests are sent out, those that are not relevant are ignored... that's all providing you don't spam - but one request a month or so would be very acceptable, as I haven't lost "friends" from doing this.

Facebook Ads do work, but are highly inneficient for services based local businesses, as the geo-targetting for Ireland isn't refined enough yet, I know 90% of my "friends" live in Dublin, and are interested in my thoughts, likes, interests and business, and hence they may be interested in a business profile - if there not, they ignore it - just like I do when they send me something I don't agree with / like - it is personal selling on a large scale, using social and business online networking.

Everyone can use their own experience, I would recommend starting with friends if it's for local SME's (and not spammy).

I would be happy to hear genuinely new ideas......

Byron

p.s. I do agree getting 100% interested likes is best, but only if you have time, money and tech knowledge... at least with random likes there may be a potential sale, or they may mention it to someone...

... inviting your friends is NOT what professional companies mean when they say "1,000" guaranteed likes - and by no means, do not sell "like" figures on this basis.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The price of setting it up would depend on how much time you needed to put in.
If you need to show the client how to use Facebook as well then it's going to take longer ..

As for the entire numbers thing ..

Yes - X targetted users is better than Y random ones

BUT
It's not really that simple.
It also depends a LOT on what you are using Facebook and other social media for.

If it's purely for generating sales leads then you need to treat in one way, but if you're using it as part of your overall customer engagement the numbers would be very different - as would the approach be.

Byron

Have to agree, it's all down to costs in your time and what your clients need. For mine, it has been just a bit of exposure, the sake of having a Facebook page and the odd lead generation. Facebook for many businesses may turn out to be just a gimmick in the long run.

Duval

@andrus. Are you a professional marketer/consultant or is this a hobby? 10 euro per hour seems to under value your
service. This isn't a service I know much about but 40 euro for 4 hours work seems mighty low.

Andrus

@andrus. Are you a professional marketer/consultant or is this a hobby? 10 euro per hour seems to under value your
service. This isn't a service I know much about but 40 euro for 4 hours work seems mighty low.

just a part time gig once in a while, but it looks like it could be an actual work.

Fintan

Stages to a Fan Page

1) Setting up a basic fan page
2) Integrating the fan page with a blog, twitter and youtube account
3) Adding custom fbml tabs (landing pages etc)
4) Adding the "like" widgets to the company website makes sense
5) Managing the fan page - updates, engaging your community, managing spam etc
6) Getting vanity url

If done right its an awesome way of generating sales, if done half halfheartedly its pointless

Andrus

Stages to a Fan Page

1) Setting up a basic fan page
2) Integrating the fan page with a blog, twitter and youtube account
3) Adding custom fbml tabs (landing pages etc)
4) Adding the "like" widgets to the company website makes sense
5) Managing the fan page - updates, engaging your community, managing spam etc
6) Getting vanity url

If done right its an awesome way of generating sales, if done half halfheartedly its pointless

agree mostly, but the NUMBER 1 should be CONTENT. Whatever you post to your FB page it has to offer value to the demographic group that follows you.

andywozhere

Hi Andrus,

I hope you found plenty more business since you started this thread. Did you decide on a price and if so maybe you might give us an idea if how much you decided to charge in the end (or how much you would charge if you were to take on the same job again)?

I've just recently set up my first Facebook page for a client and I've been really pleasantly surprised by how well things are going. I also think the new page features on Facebook are a real improvement.

Andrus

Hi Andrus,

I hope you found plenty more business since you started this thread. Did you decide on a price and if so maybe you might give us an idea if how much you decided to charge in the end (or how much you would charge if you were to take on the same job again)?

I've just recently set up my first Facebook page for a client and I've been really pleasantly surprised by how well things are going. I also think the new page features on Facebook are a real improvement.

I ve used different models. It all depends what the business wants. If there's more design work and maybe even some apps involved, it is a bigger project.

link8r

sry but can't agree with that. It's not about number of likes. it is about having the right people to like your page. Agree with the rest you said.

100 targeted people are better than 10,000 that have no interest in your business - though it does look nice if the page has lot of fans.

Of course it is and you're right. But Facebook really made it annoying when they called it fans : lets face it, if you're the marketing manager of [insert name of any Irish company] - why wouldn't you want 200, 000 "fans" ?

Most of the people I've encountered who put 5-10 hours a week into facebook - quite often don't properly get SEO/AdWords/Network Marketing. They understand "Push" marketing - not Pull marketing and that means hit 100k people, not hit the 500 people who want to buy.

One client's marketing manager spends 8 hours a week on facebook, 1 hour on twitter and 2 hours a month on e-mail. We spend about 12 hours a month on SEO. The sales figures are the reverse of that: SEO, e-mail and twitter generate about 80% of traffic and facebook about 1 in 10k or less. But they can't resist the "fans"....its crazy and funny.

@OP : we don't charge for setting up facebook pages - probably doesn't help but it's €0 for us.

SupNY

Probably charge a safe amount like 60 euros on your first client and see how long it takes you, then from then on judge the rate you will charge for future clients, but your looking at a couple of hours once you get used to it, initially could take 4 - 5 hours if your a beginner at it all.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Of course it is and you're right. But Facebook really made it annoying when they called it fans : lets face it, if you're the marketing manager of [insert name of any Irish company] - why wouldn't you want 200, 000 "fans" ?

I'd agree about the terminology. Facebook's choice of terminology is very annoying at times - "fan" "like" etc., are all unsuitable for what you might actually want to do a lot of the time

We spend about 12 hours a month on SEO. The sales figures are the reverse of that: SEO, e-mail and twitter generate about 80% of traffic and facebook about 1 in 10k or less. But they can't resist the "fans"....its crazy and funny.

It depends on what your market is, who your audience is and what your goals are.
Facebook works very well for a lot of companies offering a wide variety of products and services.
You can do a lot more on a Facebook page than you can on Twitter - you can also make much "stickier" content, whereas Twitter is more of a "stream"

Status
Not open for further replies.