Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

Advertising costs time and money.
So here's a thread on the major irish "small ad" services.

I've used donedeal.ie for the last few months and gumtree.ie to promote an e-business

I've had more success with the free gumtree ads which are great to use than with donedeal.ie though I've had many more hits on donedeal per hour.

I think this is because my business in local to Cork and local advertising is more effective than national re what I'm selling. Gumtree has a Cork and a Dublin section, as you probably know.

Anyway, BENDUNNE.COM...

I placed a ad here about two weeks ago. The service is a general copy of Donedeal.ie as far as I can see. Technically it works. There have also been radio ads for BenDunne.com recently.

It's a bit early in the new year to guage any real response for me, but donedeal.ie seems to have more to offer in the face of the cheaper priced opposition.

How have people found Buy & Sell ???

This topic is a can of worms, I know...

Thanks

Cormac

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I don't use any of them. I've always used eBay and suspect I always will

I just tried out bendunne.com and the search function doesn't work at all, so I can't see how I'd be able to use it

I had to load my ad with exactly specific search word phrases i.e. what punters may enter to ensure my ad would be easily loactes on BenDunne.com

This took artful composition as the text space allowed is limited ~ a task in zen poetry but works very well. Keyword loading is fine for those in the know. It gives me an edge over my competitors. But it's a bit lame compared to other sites who are more section based.

Also, I noticed that bendunne.com doesn't cookie your site like donedeal.ie i.e. every page reload counts as a new counter hit - lame again, and exploitable.

I can't see other less meta-geeked advertisiers understanding the keyword orientation of ads placed in BeenDone.com : sorry : BenDunne.com

Cormac

Martin

Yeh but have you seen dodo.ie advertising and promotional web:confused:, looks like in future it will become one of dominant sites.
And I have business as well and I have tried to advertise it on gumtree but they where all the time deliting my ads, how comes that you could advertise your business:eek:

Thanks for your link to dodo.ie I placed a test ad today and I'll let you know how it goes.

I have two gumtree ads, both the same, one for Cork and one for Dublin.
These ads have been running for months and months and I constantly "bump" them up when offered. My customers are thus used to seeing my ads, unchanged, in the same place time and time again. This builds their confidence.

I have found gumtree excellent in terms of response. I am aware that it is rotten with scammers and spammers but it has many valid users seeking valid services. I believe that my long term committment to keeping my two ads online brings them to me.

The product I am selling is also backed up by a comprehensive website and I get many links to it from the gumtree ads.

Time and patience ~ enemies of the poor :)

A

Alan

link8r

from a users point of view, not a seller:

BenDunne.com looks awful but I've seen some good jokes on there. Really rubbish design/layout/functionality.

DoneDeal.ie has some interesting deals - but the site functionality is hugely annoying and I find it irritating to use

Gumtree is just the worst site - I avoid it whenever it shows in Google

waynewex

I like Gumtree. I've been successful with it in the past. BenDunne is also good. Pretty simple and straight forward to use. I've never used DoneDeal, but I've heard of people selling up pretty fast on it. I'm not a fan of the Buyandsell.ie website.

Status
Not open for further replies.