Status
Not open for further replies.

bober

How Do you access the html files? I'm having issues with changing title tags.

I've installed the plugin 'greg's high proformance seo' for worpdress. It seems only to allow secondary title & main descriptions & keywords. I can change the actual title of the page but then the page title will be really long.

Let's say the page is called - Bober
But the title description is - Bober - web design, social marketing ireland

Anyone have any suggestions or maybe an alternative seo tool.

Thanks in advance.

Claudiu

The posts are dynamically generated from the database, so you can't find any html files. Do you host the blog on your own server? If yes, you can modify them straight in the database, but I doubt that's the best option...

pfurey101

From what I can see the article header is the page title and the html file name, so be creative when you create/SEO your article.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
There's a number of plugins that allow you to manipulate the page / post titles etc.,
You can also edit the template files directly .. from what I recall the header.php has the bits you need, though it's a mix of html and php code ..

K

Kieran

I recently started using Yoast's SEO Plugin which can be found by searching the plugins directory in WP. I like it so far.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I recently started using Yoast's SEO Plugin which can be found by searching the plugins directory in WP. I like it so far.
I've seen it mentioned in other places
What does it do that the others don't?

K

Kieran

To be honest all of them do roughly the same things in that they help you populate your Title tag with a solid keyword friendly title, give you some keyword options and allow you create a description tag.. The Yoast plugin does have some nice features in that it dynamically changes the description meta as you type it and also has a button that allows you to generate a title.

I met Yoast at the BarCamp and he came across as a nice guy and gave a snappy presentation which is really why I tried this one out in the first place.

I play with different ones from time to time but ultimately it's the Title tag number one followed by a nice snappy description tag which works well.

Ultimately you can load any plugin you want and if your blog page content is crap it won't matter.

bober

check out a plugin called HeadSpace2 - it lets you do all of the above

Thanks & welcome - I just installed headspace2 - nice plugin BUT Keywords don't seem to work! Title & description are fine. I went into the actual meta data settings where you can adjust/add metadata to your pages. When I add in my tags/keywords they don't appear in my website source code / html.

Also, see image - just title & description when editing in page view.

View attachment 346

Status
Not open for further replies.