Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCardinal

Not that I'm aware of. My recollection is that sites can have PR but still be under sandbox. PR has no quality element, whereas the sandboxing would definitely be taking some element of authority/trust (both somewhat qualitative) into consideration.

Ranking and indexing are very different beasts - getting indexed is relatively trivial, ranking is the difficult bit. Sandbox only impacts ranking to the best of my knowledge.

Drang3d

site:www. example.com/* returns non-supplemental pages only, and
site:www. example.com/& returns supplemental pages only.

Just for those that are interested in the supplemental results.

but as red cardinal said the site operator has nothing to do with the sandbox effect.

RedCardinal

site:www. example.com/* returns non-supplemental pages only, and
site:www. example.com/& returns supplemental pages only.

Just for those that are interested in the supplemental results.

but as red cardinal said the site operator has nothing to do with the sandbox effect.
They turned this off a while ago. The data returned is stale and not to be relied upon.

There are other techniques for uncovering supp pages, but they are are far more elaborate.

Drang3d

sorry my fault, I wasn't aware they'd stopped it. Can you site some sources? It'll show you the last time I used it!:eek:

johned

thanks

good article i have just launched a new site this week and thought id covered everthing but then i read the 1 year domain thing which is what i allways do so thanks for the tip.

I have noticed with the last couple of sites i have launched if you stumble, digg, del.icio.us and submit to propellor you get picked up by google fast. I monitored this a couple of days ago i submitted a page of my new site to digg then googled my domain every few minutes within 15 minutes my digg link was on google followed closely by propellor and my site was picked up a few hours later on a brand new domain.

beachboy19

sandboxing

Not sure how the google search bot works in Ireland, but in the US sandboxing is very real and very frustrating to people trying to get listed on google. The general reason, I've heard at conferences, is that most web sites do not last a year, Most are put up with great expectations for 60 days and then abandoned when the expectations are not met.

Here is an example of a web site that is not indexed or been bot'ed by google. Place Stats

If you want to test this theory, put a relevant link to it and watch it get unsand boxed.

beachboy19

sandboxing

Not sure how the google search bot works in Ireland, but in the US sandboxing is very real and very frustrating to people trying to get listed on google. The general reason, I've heard at conferences, is that most web sites do not last a year, Most are put up with great expectations for 60 days and then abandoned when the expectations are not met.

Here is an example of a web site that is not indexed or been bot'ed by google. Place Stats

If you want to test this theory, put a relevant link to it and watch it get unsand boxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.