Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkAssistant

Those of you who dont know us (yet :lemo:) - we make SEO tools. One of them is Rank Tracker and it is used extensively for international SEO. Our users often ask - how do I get accurate search results for a client site in Dubai when running Rank Tracker out of New York? In such cases we used to recommend getting Dubai based proxies and choose a local search engine in Rank Tracker (google ae in this case). Now we decided to go a step further and add on the GL parameter to allow for more accurate local search tracking. Anything else we missed? What else can you guys recommend to get most accurate geo location rankings possible?

FBDragon

ok that takes care of the geotargeting issue but there is also personalized search which means that every one of us gets their own version of serps and we cant ask every person to clean their browsing history and stop using facebook while googling which leads me to believe that rank checking is becoming a big waste of time correct me if I am wrong

LinkAssistant

SEO software is vital!

Hi FBDragon, thanks for stopping by and expressing your opinion!

I think that you're partly right and partly wrong.

Indeed, these days there are no same-for-all search results: they are influenced by both personalized search aspects and geolocation. With our new feature, webmasters get insights into how their websites rank as if they searched from a different country, which partly solves the problem.

However, it doesn't mean that search results do not have to be monitored! They should, and it's an essential part of SEO workflow. What is the must-have tool in the arsenal of any SEO? A rank checker! And we at Link-Assistant.Com are proud that thousands of website promoters world-wide rely on Rank Tracker to check rankings.

LinkAssistant

does your rank tracker give results for Google Places listings or is it just the organics?

Hey, seanpearse,
Rank Tracker does give the results for Google Places.
Or, perhaps, it would be more accurate to say that it tracks rankings in both Everything AND Universal Search results.
For example, if you want to know where you rank for "blue widgets", you will see something like this: blue widgets 3(1), where 3 - is your rank in "regular" search results, and 1 - is your rank in Google Places.
But this is only an example. In reality, you can use Rank Tracker to check rankings in Images, Videos, Shopping, News and other Universal Search sections. ;)

seanpearse

sounds good....are there any evaluation trials available? i tried clicking on your link but the website's down or summat

Status
Not open for further replies.