How to promote your site to the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
How would you go about promoting your site to the media?

By media I mean traditional media

Seohelp

Hi Blacknight,

Press releases are a really cheap and effective way of getting your company/website/whatever out there.

If you have something of interest promote then I would definitely recommend this avenue. It takes a bit of time and skill to write effective copy (just google it to get some free advice http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=how+to+write+a+press+release%3F&meta==)

After you have the Press Release written I would advise you to check out www.medialive.ie where you can find email contact details of all the main media channels in Ireland (Press, Radio, TV). Put the press release in an email and benefit from free advertising.... well hopefully

Seohelp
www.betteririshwebsites.com

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Press releases are fine, but they don't beat getting mentioned in the Irish Times :)

Seohelp

Press releases are fine, but they don't beat getting mentioned in the Irish Times

True... Share your experiences. Was it this forum that made it into the Irish Times? How did you go about it?

Seohelp

Nice plug.

How did you get featured in the Irish Times? Would've been nice to get a link to your site but all exposure helps.

I recognise the Blacknight name. You've been around for a number of years?

Powerboat.ie

modesty !

True... Share your experiences. Was it this forum that made it into the Irish Times? How did you go about it?

Well modesty would normally forbid Michele... But since you asked ,

Powerboat.ie got a full page colour feature and even a photo on the front page banner last Monday on the Irish Times !!

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.