How to sell your site when you're useless at sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywozhere

I've a site called dublinbynumbers. I don't think it is a bad site and the traffic is going the right way (up that is). The problem is that I'm useless at sales. In theory income from the site comes from premium content and ads. I think I'm offering worthwhile content and web presence for a reasonable price, but I'm useless at selling anything. I can't develop the site indefinitely without cash coming in. Any tips?

Wild Thing

employ a sales/telesales rep on a commision basis and take it from there

Wild Thing

just one other point. on expanding your categories you are missing one very important category that a sales rep can work magic on. Shopping!

paul

Ninja
Are you making any money via AdSense ?

I think you need to have a better call to action get businesses to list. Say something like reach 1.2 million customers for free. And see if that helps.

andywozhere

Yes, I hadn't got around to "shopping" yet. The word "telesales" makes me feel a bit queezy, but that may indeed be the way forward. Thanks for the post.

Cormac

Are you ranking for any keywords?
How long have you had the site up?

Looks like it could make a bit of money if you got your pages for hotels, tourist attractions and shopping ranking well.

andywozhere

Are you making any money via AdSense ?

I think you need to have a better call to action get businesses to list. Say something like reach 1.2 million customers for free. And see if that helps.

Made my first 100 Euros on adsense the other week. Better than nothing, but not exactly going to keep me afloat either. I like the "reach 1.2 million customers for free" line, thanks... will definitely use that!

paul

Ninja
I'm sure you could make money with the hotels, check affiliates like alpharooms for feeds and affiliate links.

andywozhere

Are you ranking for any keywords?
How long have you had the site up?

Looks like it could make a bit of money if you got your pages for hotels, tourist attractions and shopping ranking well.

I tend to rank best for smaller businesses like doctors, dentists and hairdressers (eg doctor in dublin 14). There is a lot more competition in areas like hotels, tourist attractions and shopping. The site has been up over 6 months now.

gav240z

I tend to rank best for smaller businesses like doctors, dentists and hairdressers (eg doctor in dublin 14). There is a lot more competition in areas like hotels, tourist attractions and shopping. The site has been up over 6 months now.

Hi Andy,
Suggest you try including some unique meta description tags for some of your pages. They all look the same in search results.

site:http://www.dublinbynumbers.com/ - Google Search

Have you signed up to the Google Webmaster Tools console? That will also help with finding errors and improving your website's rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.